[S5E17] Sisterhood

Started by Smilley, October 03, 2015, 08:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

We'll definitely need a duet version on this. I hope the 5.1 version has clean audio tracks for both "sisters".
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

Haha! Oh gosh yes, we need a duet version.

yayponies-eu

Quote from: Smilley on October 03, 2015, 08:24:28 PM
I hope the 5.1 version has clean audio tracks for both "sisters".

Hasbro heard you, and so they decided that there will be no 5.1 audio at all this week! We've done our own version, but it might be more difficult to work from it than on the usual iTunes 5.1 track.

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: yayponies-eu on October 07, 2015, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: Smilley on October 03, 2015, 08:24:28 PM
I hope the 5.1 version has clean audio tracks for both "sisters".

Hasbro heard you, and so they decided that there will be no 5.1 audio at all this week! We've done our own version, but it might be more difficult to work from it than on the usual iTunes 5.1 track.

I was gonna say, that 5.1 track is a nightmare as far as trying to rip out the vocals.... now I know why.

Well, let me know if you spot a true 5.1 before I do.

Smilley

Renard

True 5.1 won't likely come before the Australian iTunes release... which would be some time next year. Or a DVD/BD release, or another official OST, but I wouldn't count on that. Maybe we can pass on the instrumental variant for now?

Smilley

Aw, maaaaan! And this song could've really used a pitch reference, too.

Smilley

Just noticed we have some files now. Do we finally have 5.1 sources, or is it just the best we could salvage from what we have?

rainbowderpy

It is just the best stereo I could find. Sorry.
We have a meetup here today and I just did the video+mp3 + a quick&dirty notes.txt with freestyle text of the song.

Renard

We do have a new source now, with better audio :)

Smilley

Please tell me the two singers have separate tracks! That'd make coding this song much more doable.

Renard

Unfortunately, no.
(This still would make a great duet)

Smilley

Done, duet included. This'll be a con favourite, I'm sure.
How 'bout this one for background?

Renard

Thanks!
The resolution isn't big enough to fit as a background, but this could be used as a cover.

PsychicWalnut

Bad news about the new 5.1 audio.

While the episode audio is done correctly, it seems that both the vocals and the 'record player' for this song are on center channel only.  As such, I can't make a suitable instrumental version.

Renard

Alright. We'll skip the instrumental on this one. I've had a quick look at it and indeed, there's likely no good approach here. Thanks, still!