Songs format issues

Started by Renard, February 05, 2013, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

Two main issues may occur when editing songs, causing sometime unexpected behavior; those are bugs within the song file.
- Negative #GAP or negative first note: occurs when adjusting the timing for a whole song. Basically, the first notes have a negative timestamp. This may crash Performous.
- Overlapping notes: when two notes share a common timestamp, which should never happen. USDX will try to fix this on the fly, Performous will not load the song (won't even be featured on the main menu).
I'm currently unsure on how Vocaluxe handles these issues.

Negative gap

S0
- nothing :)

S1
- (EN) Evil Enchantress, Pinkie Pie - Instrumental
- (EN) Giggle at the Ghostly - Instrumental
- (more?)

Overlapping notes (!! to be confirmed)
S0
-nothing :)

S1
- (DE) Hush Hush, Leise sein
- (DE) Winter Ade Tag
- (HU) A varrás egy csoda (stressz)
- (HU) A varrás egy csoda (vidám)
- (HU) Csitt, kicsi, csendesen
- (HU) Ez a gála
- (HU) Szemem tele csodával
- (HU) Vége van a hosszú télnek
- (PL) Miejsce jak z marzeń

For some reason I can't load at all
- (HU) A varrás egy csoda (stressz)
- (HU) A varrás egy csoda (vidám)
in both USDX and Performous. The songs work in Vocaluxe, though.

Smilley

I'm reasonably sure neither the German nor the Hungarian songs have overlaps as they are now. I did a check on them before the "official" release.
As for the Hungarian Art of the Dress songs: very peculiar, since I coded them on USDX and they definitely work on my PC, and my parents'. Could you check whether it's the sound file or the text? And Performous should give an error message in the text-log.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

I'm on the road (again) so I'll have to check back on this later. I'm not 100% sure the issue is with overlapping notes, but that's the only explanation I have of an issue I had on my machine (and that was confirmed in a virtual machine too, and at a friend's house): the songs randomly appeared or disappeared from the carousel. This was tested on a few Linux boxes in French, Windows 7 localized in French, and Windows 8 in English. This could be a OS localization issue, or a charset issue of some sort, but it's unlikely, and the only logs I had were not helpful.

I'm merely posting this here as a way of reminding myself to look into this ;)

It seems weird to me too. I'm confident the songs you provided are totally fine (and you tested them extensively), so they are provided as-is on the main site; I did change the TXT "header" though, along with all other songs.

Smilley

My parents have a Hungarian Win7, and the Hungarian songs work there without problems, so it could indeed be a charset thing.
You could try deleting all ä, ö and ü in one of the German songs to test that.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Vengir

I've just manually checked Miejsce jak z marzeń txt file and there is not a single overlapping note.
I've got Polish Win7 and the song is playing fine in Ultra Star.