Feature request: Simple song lists

Started by SR, July 12, 2013, 09:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SR

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll just do it here.  One of the bits of feedback I got from the video gaming room at EFNW is something you often see at Karaoke bars, and I can't believe I didn't think to provide this:

Simple song lists.  Two formats:  Alphabetized by song name, and alphabetized by artist name.  People in line to play wanted to be able to look through the list of all the songs to pick one out, but I hadn't thought to make print outs of this, so there was time wasted as people scrolled through the songs to find the one they wanted to sing.  So, having a couple text or PDF files with all the songs listed, first by song name, then by artist name would be really handy to pass around for these kinds of events!

Renard

Indeed! That's a common issue in large meet-ups. Considering the structure of USDX, the best way of doing that is by using a specific application to read tags and generate the printable list, matching what's actually stored in the /songs/ folder. I believe YASS can do that.
We could indeed re-distribute a pre-rendered list with the upcoming pack.

A friend of mine actually did went overboard with the idea and created an Android apk just for that, when we co-organized Rock Band / Guitar Hero / Singstar events at the Toulouse Game Show, on consoles. That app read a ODS calc sheet (easy to update) and displayed the list with many sortable options, including on which game disc the song was located so we were able to swap discs fast.