Error 2834

Started by Red Starr, July 16, 2013, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Starr

Every time I try to install the game, I keep getting "Error 2834. The next pointers on the dialog SetupError do no form a single loop." This dialog box pops up every time the install gets to "Registering fonts." Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Smilley

What OS do you use? Can you manually install Ultrastar Deluxe from the ISO or the homepage directly?
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

tnpcook1

I'm having this same issue during install, once initializing the install.
Edit: In particular, this is occuring at "Copying new files".

Windows 7, Using CDemu mounted as data disk.

Smilley

Do you run the installer as Admin?

tnpcook1

I did not, Just reran as such, encountered the same error.

PsychicWalnut

Many times this error is caused by glitches in the system registry.

I would recommend you run a registry cleaner like CCleaner. www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Hopefully that will fix the issue.

tnpcook1

Ran CC cleaner, fixed a good bundle of errors.
Ran through it again, no problems found.
Pulled up the installer again as admin, and hit the same roadblock.

Figured I could catch something caused by the install with event viewer.
Wall of text imminent.

Event 10005:
Product: My Little Karaoke - Singing is Magic -- Error 2834.The next pointers on the dialog SetupError do not form a single loop.

Event 11305:
Product: My Little Karaoke - Singing is Magic -- Error 1305.Error reading from file V:\Windows\program files\MyLittleKaraoke\My Little Karaoke Launcher.exe.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

googlefu, brings up :A 1305 error usually means that there is a communication issue between the Hard drive and the CD drive, or the CD media is dirty or bad.
Was mounting as data disk a problem?

PsychicWalnut

First, it is a data disc. So you are fine with that setting.
Usually mounting a disc image to a virtual drive isn't an issue, but results can vary depending on how robust the software is.

As a test, I would try burning the image to a physical DVD if you can.

Aside from that, I'd recommend the standard stuff any of the big software companies would say...

Ya know... Temporarily disable your virus/spyware scanners, etc.

tnpcook1

I started the burn immediately after my last post.

It installed from the disk itself just fine. Hah.
Thanks for the help, journeys through event viewer are fun :D

gabrieldomino

Hi, unfortunately I have the same issue ("Error 2834. The next pointers on the dialog SetupError do not form a single loop.")
I tried everything you listed (run as administrator, do the cleaning with CCleaner, burn the cd, disable my antivirus) plus I tried to run directly the .msi installer and to run the setup in compatibility mode (XPSP3), but nothing worked.  :'(
Any idea ? Here my system:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Cpu i7 Q720
8 Gb ram DDR3
About 100 Gb free space on hdd.

CraftByte

As PsychicWalnut said, try to burn it and install from there

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: gabrieldomino on July 17, 2013, 06:33:50 AM
I tried everything you listed (run as administrator, do the cleaning with CCleaner, burn the cd, disable my antivirus) plus I tried to run directly the .msi installer and to run the setup in compatibility mode (XPSP3), but nothing worked.  :'(
Any idea ?

Hopefully when you said CD, you meant DVD.  I will assume that you did.

I would double-check that you did run the install from the Disc that you burned, and not from a virtual DVD drive.

Failing that, I would then suggest you make a new folder on your hard drive and copy the contents of the download to that folder.  You can then try running the installation from there.

This error happens in general when it thinks the media is bad.  It might be that the disc was bad or it couldn't support the speed you were writing at.  Did you have it verify after writing the disc?

gabrieldomino

Quote from: PsychicWalnut on July 17, 2013, 09:38:10 AM
Hopefully when you said CD, you meant DVD.  I will assume that you did.

Nnnnnnope, I really meant CD because the image file I got was Cd-sized... so I discovered it was currupted (but the download ended without problem... strange things happens).
I downloaded the iso again (this time with torrent) and now I got no problem with the installation! Thanks for your advices!

Sky_Dash

Good time everypony! I solved a problem. (I use a Windows XP SP3) I download UltraStar Deluxe and install. In an installation time I specified a way from the folder the game on the HDD. All work! Nice day and have muffins ^_^  P.S. I'm a russian and sorry my bad english) *yay*

Red Starr

SOLVED! I tried burning to DVD,  cleaning my registry, and all that, but nothing seemed to help. I followed gabriel's lead and downloaded it again (this time by torrent) and it installed without error. It seems that even though it said it completed the download the first time, the very end of the iso file got cut off. Thanks for the help guys!  ;D

Smilley

What version did you get first? The DDL or the Mega mirror? Maybe it's an error that we can fix.

gabrieldomino

My first download was form DDL, and as I said it gave me an incomplete (but yet working) ISO of about 680 MBytes, more or less.

yayponies-eu

Here a tool on Windows to check MD5sum : http://www.pc-tools.net/files/win32/freeware/md5sums-1.2.zip

It can be a good idea to add it to download page with a small text to explain how it work.  :P

Red Starr

I also initially tried using the direct download before downloading the torrent.