What Microphone To Use

Started by HikaruLuna, July 22, 2013, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HikaruLuna

I have two microphones for wii, I tried using them for this awesome game, but its a no go. Should they be working or should I get a new mic all together?

PsychicWalnut

I'm not familiar with Wii microphones, so I will need to ask a couple questions...

What style of connector do they have?  3.5mm or USB

If they are USB, does your computer recognize them as an audio device when plugged in?

If recognized, did you set the games microphone setting to specifically use this microphone?

yayponies-eu

They "probably" work, just not configurated, in game, go to tools > options > then record

Try a different soundcard, say something to the mic, if the level under setting for channel 1 or channel 2 move, select 1 in a channel (the one that move, if the two move, just take the first one) and go back, its ready to play

If not, try another soundcard setting.

If this doesnt work, please tell us more information about your microphone (USB ? Audio connector ? Model ? Brand ? maybe a link to a random store where we can see the exact product ?)

HikaruLuna

I tried the whole soundcard thing but it wont let me do anything except make it default or mastervolume

HikaruLuna

Psychic Walnut: USB, Yes, I don't know how to.

HikaruLuna

It says its a Logitech microphone. But it wont let me do anything else on that screen other than change it to either default or mastervolume.

HikaruLuna

Never Mind. I got it figured out. Thanks though!

CraftByte

Just wondering how did you fix it if someone else has the same problem

HikaruLuna

where it says channel one next to it there is; off, 1, 2, and so on till 6. I set it to one and channel two to off and it work perfectly fine.

Renard

Microphones always only have one channel in Windows by default. If you wish to use a Singstar-like USB pack with two microphones, those use two sound channels (Left = P1, Right = P2) on what is seen by the system as a single microphone. You'll need to tell Windows to do its thing correctly that way:
http://www.ultraguide.net/microphones.php

SR

Also, for what it's worth, the Logitech USB microphone you're describing is the one model they've been shipping with games like rock band, sing star, etc. for years (with different branding on the mic itself--  though it's the same internals each time). It works well with My Little Karoke. :)

Marioland1

As long as it can pick up your voice consistently, any mic will do, to be honest.