Very Empty ISO?

Started by GB, September 01, 2013, 09:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GB

Hi everypony!

There's a good chance I a) Did something wrong, b) Didn't read something or, c) someone's already asked about this...

But when I burned the ISO onto a DVD and then installed it, I only got a small handful of songs installed. I only got most of the community songs and nothing else. NOTHING from the show, none of the foreign language ones. What happened?

The downloads page for the songs says the ISO has "all of these and more" so I'm concerned that if I just get everything from that page, I'll be missing out :c

Renard

Hello!

Please check if the ISO downloaded correctly using the MD5 hash provided on the download page; both that hash and the one generated from the ISO downloaded to your computer should match. If they don't, it means the download failed for a reason or another - in that case, there's no other option than downloading it again.

If the hashes are correct, please check the content of the ISO using any file explorer: all available songs (so far) are stored in the "Songs" folder. You should see both community songs and songs from the show in here; if that is the case, and they do not appear on your computer, then it means the installation process skipped them - likely due to permissions issues (the installer tries to be as nice as possible and does not override your computer's settings, basically). If that is the case, you can simply manually copy the "songs" folder from the disc to your hard drive, in the "My Little Karaoke" folder.

GB

I'm guessing the installer skipped them. The first time I tried to install it, the installer hanged while it was going through the cmd process, so I had to uninstall everything and start over. I found the songs folder on the DVD, so I'll copy those over. Thanks for your help!

Marioland1

I had this same problem myself.  Currently, just copying over all the songs seems like the best bet for now.