Additional content installation issue

Started by Draycho, December 20, 2013, 03:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draycho

Hello, today i tried to install the new Additional content pack for MLK but i ran into a problem during the installation: when i need to choose the directory where the core game is installed i choose it and press update. after this it gives me an error report:

"Specified install directory exists...
USDX Binary exists in patch directory...
Please run the updater from the My Little Karaoke disc."

what am i doing wrong??

yayponies-eu

What do you use to open the ISO ? Virtual CD or do you extract it somewhere on your HDD ? also what version of Windows ?

Renard

Hello!

This error happens if one (or more) of these critical directories is missing, relative to the updater path:
- Songs/
- Theme/MyLittleKaraoke/
- Binaries/

So... yeah, same questions as above. You might have a corrupted download, or tried to run the updater from an unexpected location, or maybe the virtual disc tool you're using is messing with you. We'd need a bit more information to investigate. ;)

Draycho

Im using Windows 7 64 version and PowerISO as the tool for mounting the disc. i also extract the files to temporary location for the processing (PowerISO doesn't seem to be able to read them otherwise). i run the program from my downloads category on my computer. Im pretty sure the download isn't corrupted 'cause i redownloaded it twice using different methods both times (Torrent and direct).
Hope this helps.  :)

yayponies-eu

I have no idea how PowerISO work, could you try Daemon Tools lite instead ?

About downloads, well if you used torrent it should be OK, but it worth nothing to check, please check MD5sum (MD5 hash: 9d13b31c70ab4de73addbe5e430ab835 (MLK_AC.iso) - Addon disc), you can use WinMD5 for that : http://www.winmd5.com/

Renard

Quote from: Draycho on December 21, 2013, 01:22:31 PMi also extract the files to temporary location for the processing (PowerISO doesn't seem to be able to read them otherwise)

Hm. It should work, and you shouldn't need to extract the files if using a virtual drive.
I'll install PowerIso on my Win7 PC and investigate after today's episode. :P

PsychicWalnut

Yeah, I had a similar experience...
Then I realized that the default install directory listed wasn't correct for my system.
Vista-32 doesn't exactly have a 'Program Files (x86)' folder, ya know.

Be sure you select the correct install folder for your installation, and it should be fine.

Renard

Tried, and can confirm that I have the same error. IMO the problem lies within PowerISO, and I highly recommend you to switch to Deamon Tools Lite or WinCDEmu.
The updater launches fine and detect the path correctly. It seems to me it isn't at cause here.

Installing PowerISO on my machine was quite an experience: it tried to install adware such as browser toolbars and other software at first, and kinda hides it to the user. When experimenting with it, I managed to get a BSOD in only a few minutes. I wouldn't trust it, to be honest - hence my recommendation to switch to an alternative.

Suhosin

Quote from: Draycho on December 20, 2013, 03:08:34 PM
Hello, today i tried to install the new Additional content pack for MLK but i ran into a problem during the installation: when i need to choose the directory where the core game is installed i choose it and press update. after this it gives me an error report:

"Specified install directory exists...
USDX Binary exists in patch directory...
Please run the updater from the My Little Karaoke disc."

what am i doing wrong??

Issue appears to be with the way PowerISO reads the disc (it tries to extract the executable to a temporary directory instead of running it from its location on disc, so the updater can't find the paths it needs to install from).

Either:
A) Copy all files from the DVD to a directory on your hard disk (including all the folders) and run the updater from there OR;
B) Try using Daemon Tools or writing to a physical DVD instead.

Hope you get the game working.

Quote from: PsychicWalnut on December 21, 2013, 02:33:41 PM
Yeah, I had a similar experience...
Then I realized that the default install directory listed wasn't correct for my system.
Vista-32 doesn't exactly have a 'Program Files (x86)' folder, ya know.

Be sure you select the correct install folder for your installation, and it should be fine.

If C:\Program Files (x86)\ doesn't exist, the updater should default to C:\Program Files\MyLittleKaraoke\ instead.

// Get update path
    if(ui->installDir->toPlainText() == "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MyLittleKaraoke") {
        QDir x86Dir("C:\\Program Files (x86)");
        if(!x86Dir.exists()) {
            ui->outputLog->appendPlainText("You are probably using a 32-bit version of Windows, trying 32-bit install directory instead.");
            ui->installDir->setHtml("C:\\Program Files\\MyLittleKaraoke");
        }
    }

Can you confirm where you had the program installed and also confirm that C:\Program Files (x86)\ hasn't been created by another installer?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Draycho

thx for your help all of you. i did as instructed by Suhosin by extracting the files to a new folder from the digital disc file and it seemed to work just fine!! I'm very suprised that the problem was with the PowerISO program itself, it mostly has done things better than daemon tools, but like i often say: you can never be too sure :D

Renard

Suhosin

Glad that helped you Draycho. Enjoy the game.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

MarioMaster1337

I'm having this problem too, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I downloaded the torrent version and the original version of the game works, but when I try to use the updater, it gives me the message that you got.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the problem, for some reason the folders that held the songs and other data didn't extract from the zip.