Additon Content

Started by luther99, December 22, 2013, 03:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luther99

I downloaded the Addition content pack and began the update asap! I was so excited for the new line of songs.The update got to 60% before all the files it tried to download all said "FAILED TO COPY". It was only the theme files that said this,until the point it declared an ERROR. I used torrents to get the download,and I use Virtual drive for the game.Anyway to fix this? Help! DX

Renard

This could be tricky to solve on Windows. You probably have files ending in "*.bak" in either your "Songs" folder or "Themes" folder, for a reason unknown.

The easiest way would be to uninstall everything and start from scratch. The less easy way would be to use a tool such as FileSeek and search for "*.bak" files recursively from the My Little Karaoke directory, then manually remove those files.

luther99

I uninstalled both MLK and the Additional content and now a new problem has risen; when I press UPDATE on AC,I get a new message.

Specified install directory exists...
USDX Binary exists in patch directory...
Failed to overwrite ultrastar binary.

Its directed to C:\Program Files (x86)\MyLittleKaraoke,which is where MLK is suppose to be stored.....what do I do now?

Renard

Are you running the updater with elevated/admin privileges?

(you should have had a prompt like this:

)

Suhosin

Could you check that there is no ultrastardx.bak file in that directory?

It sounds like, for some reason, there are .bak files which would prevent the overwrite process. Try this:

1. Open up command prompt (Windows-R, then type cmd, or Start > Run > cmd). Instead of pressing enter, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter, this will run the command shell as admin.
2. Navigate to the install directory, on 32-bit type cd c:\"Program Files"\MyLittleKaraoke or on 64-bit type cd c:\"Program Files (x86)"\MyLittleKaraoke (will differ if you chose a custom install directory).
3. Recursively delete all .bak files by running this: del /S *.bak (make sure you run this inside the MLK directory, otherwise you could delete all .bak files from disc).
4. After this, try reinstalling the additional content pack.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ice Wind

hey. I took a look at the final post of this page, and it helped a lot. But then there came a problem when I was updating.
While I deleted every single .bak file in the MLK folder, and ran the additional content pack, the following accored:

At 15% of the updating progress, It started saying it was unable to copy folders again. I had left my MLK folder from the \"Program Files (x86)"\MyLittleKaraoke open, just in case something
would happen. What I saw when the updater started saying: Unable to copy...., I took a look at the MLK folder, and saw that ALL the .bak files had returned.

Could someone help me with this please?

Smilley

The .bak-s are generated during install, in case you have to abort the install. What happens, though, is that all new files are marked "read only" because they're copied from a DVD/ISO. What you need to do is right-click on the My Little Karaoke folder, go to Properties and uncheck the read only box. It'll ask if you want to change the subfolders and files inside, too. Allow it. Now, after deleting the .bak-s, you should be able to install the Additional Content.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Ice Wind

Thanks for the awnser, although it didn't work.
Whenever I uncheckk the read only box, and adjust that, the following happens:

When adjusted, I started up the updater, and this is what it showed after a few seconds:

Failed to copy F:/Songs/Official/[PL][S2E11] Koleda serdecznosci/notes.txt to destination.
Copying F:/Songs/version.txt to destination.
There were errors processing song files, please see output log for details.

I went back to look at the MLK's properties, and the read only box was checked again.

Help me again please? :'(

Smilley

So, could you get a look at the output log? Also, does the game run right now, at all? If yes, then uncheck the read only flag again (that happens because of the install), go to the Additional Content DVD/ISO, grab the "Songs" folder and put it into your MLK folder. Yes to all overwrites.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Ice Wind