The typos (and other quick fixes) thread

Started by Renard, December 27, 2013, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

Hello!

I'm starting this thread as a way to keep track of small errors in released files. I'm well aware that, for instance, there are typos here and there.

If you notice any of the following issues:
- Typos
- Lyrics starting a bit too early/too late
- Video out of sync

Please post them here. Thanks!

Renard

• Luna (Forest Rain): lyrics start a bit too late [suggested gap: 41174]
  • Hooves Up High (Silva Hound): incorrect starting #gap
  • Nightmare Night (Glaze): video not in sync (#videogap tag should be removed entirely)
  • Nightmare Night (Glaze): lyrics sync issue
  • Nightmare Night (Glaze): misspelled title
  • Fluttershys (Ilysabeth): incorrect pitches
  • Failure/Success Song: both versions are called "Instrumental"
  • Beyond Her Garden (Glaze): wrong notes
  • Beyond Her Tomb: wrong notes
  • Proud To Be A Brony (BlackGryph0n): notes "are one 4/4 to early" (?)
  • CMC Power Metal (Hatesteed): misspelled lyric (beat: 2304)
  • Swing Tavi Swing (Joaftheloaf): misheard lyrics (beat: 798)
  • Smile Smile Smile: unneeded contraction in lyrics (beat: 1028)
  • My Fluttershy (Mandopony): In the line "Now me and she are seldom seen apart", the word "seldom" is spelled "sel dom"
  • This Day Aria - Literal Version (MissBunnySwan): The line "The floor is super sparkly" should read "That wall is super sparkly"
  • This Day Aria - Literal Version (MissBunnySwan): "Panel cuts" at beat 1111 should be "Camera cuts"
  • Summer (Griffin Village): Missing space @ beat 3752
  • Summer (Griffin Village): "Ooh" timing issue @4176 and @4693
  • Millennium Alone (Cyril The Wolf) instrumental version: wrong gap
  • Generosity (AcoustiMandoBrony): The last line is pitched for Eileen's singing voice although the lines before are pitched in Mando's singing voice
  • Cosmic love (Florence & The Machine): misheard lyrics @1054
  • Cosmic love (Florence & The Machine): incorrect pitches (?)
  • Cosmic love (Florence & The Machine): no static background
  • Let's Go and Meet the Bronies: "The Pony Generators churn out many new OCs"
  • Hearts Strong As Horses: "And we're playing to win / As we gallop to glory"
  • "Loyalty" notes weren't updated because the old folder was called "AcousticBrony, MandoPony - Loyalty" and the new one's "AcousticMandoBrony - Loyalty"
  • 99 Buckets of Oats: typo "Ninty" → "Ninety"
  • Passing By (Peak Freak): incorrect starting gap
  • Muffinproof (La Hooves): bad line breaks
  • The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000: misheard lyrics
  • Mirai Start follows sometimes the BG vocals on "shiawase ga" "utai dasu" and "hajimete no, waku waku ni, tomadori no medori" and on the second chorus

Also

• UltrastarDX theme: broken "credits" screen (missing textures) when idle on main menu. Will likely not be fixed (?) as it has potential to break more.
  • Installer: when uninstalling the game, songs from the first additional content disc are not removed properly.
  • Useless folder: [EN][S1E02] Giggle at the Ghosly (probably a typo from Owncloud); doesn't contain a song, so has no impact.

= fixed in owncloud/wip (changes won't be apparent till the next release).

KyleThePale

Also on Nightmare Night (Glaze Version) the song seems to be a few seconds ahead, not just the video.

Smilley

Fluttershys still has one "in vaded" - the very last one -, and it doesn't use these pitch fixes.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Smilley

With Failure/Success, both versions are called "Instrumental".
Luna (Alt version) has a wrong gap.

viperlee

Okay, so I'm just gonna point the most obvious one out.

The song "WoodenToaster - Nigthmare Night" is misspelled. The video and song are out of sync. That's pretty much it. (I just realized this has been mentioned, so nevermind. :c)
                                             ^^^

The song "Hatesteed - CMC Power Metal" has misspelled lyrics here,
"
: 2304 3 42 Wn   <---
: 2311 6 45 til
"

The song "Joaftheloaf - Swing Tavi Swing" has lyrics that don't fit the song, pretty much just the wrong lyrics. It confused me when I sung it.
"
: 798 4 7  This
: 803 5 7  will
* 809 4 7  all
: 813 4 8  be
: 819 8 7  o
: 828 5 7 ver
"

It should be "Cause it'll all be gone".

That's all I found so far.

Edit: I should've looked at more threads first. You can add this stuff to the "The Typo's" thread if you wish. That would probably make it easier.

Smilley

Done. The "Swing Tavi Swing" thing was a case of misheard lyrics. But you're right, it also makes more sense that way.
EDIT: Replace the line with these:

: 799 3 7 'Cause
: 803 5 7  it'll
* 809 4 7  all
: 813 4 8  be
: 820 9 7  gone

Though there's an off-beat between the "gone" and next line's "When", so I may be excused that I heard "over".

EDIT2: For Luna (alt), I figured the gap at 41174.

PsychicWalnut

As long as we are fixing stuff...

Smile Smile Smile

: 1028 6 0 I'd      <-- Should be 2 words.  "I would"
: 1038 6 3  love
: 1044 3 3  to
: 1048 10 7  see
: 1058 4 5  you
: 1064 12 3  beam

Smilley

My Fluttershy: In the line "Now me and she are seldom seen apart", the word "seldom" is spelled "sel dom".
This Day Aria - Literal Version: The line "The floor is super sparkly" should read "That wall is super sparkly".

Diponi

Another misheard word in This Day Aria - Literal Version; "Panel cuts" at beat 1111 should be "Camera cuts".

viperlee

Another issue.

Griffin Village - Summer
================
: 3745 2 46  they'll
: 3752 8 48 Share   <--- one space instead of two space, causing it to morph as "The'llShare"
: 3762 2 46  the
: 3768 4 48  rest
: 3777 2 46  of
: 3782 6 41  their
: 3792 16 43  lives

Also, the "Ooh" part of the song, on the first one

: 4180 46 46 Ooh
: 4226 41 44 ~
: 4268 79 43 ~

And fourth one.

: 4693 43 48 Ooh
: 4737 51 46 ~
: 4788 35 45 ~
: 4823 36 41 ~

They seem to drop either too soon, or too late. It tends to confuse. It's hard to tell you where because I'm not familiar with how this game works, but it IS there. So best to take a look.

RD1042

AcoustiMandoBrony - Generosity: The last line is pitched for Elie's singing voice although the lines before were pitched in Mando's singing voice, which is very confusing to any MLK player imo. Maybe we can change that?
Quote from: QT Luna on May 17, 2015, 10:05:06 PM
I've seen RD1042 perform songs with 8500-9500 points on medium with eyes closed, slightly drunk and half-sleeping.

viperlee

This error was easy to spot, but it was hard to find the folder. The song is Cosmic love, but the folder is named "(PMV) The Stars Will Aid In Her Escape". So just letting you know.

First error: Misheard lyrics?

: 1040 2 7 I
: 1042 2 7 took
: 1044 2 7 the
: 1046 2 7 stars
: 1053 1 7 from
: 1054 1 7 our   <---- Should be "my"
: 1056 2 7 eyes,

The next "error" may not be an error, but just not being to hit the notes correctly.

But at parts like this
: 961 1 7 u
: 963 2 12 o
: 966 2 11 ~
: 969 3 12 o
: 973 2 11 ~
: 976 3 12 o
: 979 4 9 h~

The lower pitched ones don't match. Now again this could just be me not hitting the right notes. So if someone else could check that out that would be awesome. I play on normal on this song, haven't dared try hard. :c

Diponi

I guess the musical artist of Children of the Night should be credited alongside the animator, just like how it's done with Don't Mine at Night.

#ARTIST:Duo Cartoonist, Kate Covington
and respective changes to the folder name. (And while we're at it, decapitalise "Of The" in the folder name.)

Renard

Quote from: Diponi on February 19, 2014, 12:25:19 AM(...) and respective changes to the folder name. (And while we're at it, decapitalise "Of The" in the folder name.)

We can't easily change folder names once the songs are releases, due to the way we handle incremental upgrades (it would make the process needlessly complicated). This includes capitalisation, with Linux and OSX having case-sensitive filesystems. We have to catch such issues before release. It's mostly hidden to the end-user anyway, and doesn't break the game - plus, we can fix how the song is displayed in the main menu still. :)

Diponi

Quote from: Renard on February 19, 2014, 11:53:23 AMWe can't easily change folder names once the songs are releases, due to the way we handle incremental upgrades (it would make the process needlessly complicated). This includes capitalisation, with Linux and OSX having case-sensitive filesystems.
...in retrospect, that was obvious. ::) And not such a big deal.

Quote from: viperlee on February 18, 2014, 10:48:29 PM
The lower pitched ones don't match. Now again this could just be me not hitting the right notes. So if someone else could check that out that would be awesome. I play on normal on this song, haven't dared try hard. :c
I think you're right about that, the line should go more like G-C-G-C-G-C-H. Also, some other pitches seem off (e.g. beats 122, 232, 271, 349...).

viperlee

Quote from: Diponi on February 19, 2014, 12:47:34 PM
Quote from: Renard on February 19, 2014, 11:53:23 AMWe can't easily change folder names once the songs are releases, due to the way we handle incremental upgrades (it would make the process needlessly complicated). This includes capitalisation, with Linux and OSX having case-sensitive filesystems.
...in retrospect, that was obvious. ::) And not such a big deal.

Quote from: viperlee on February 18, 2014, 10:48:29 PM
I think you're right about that, the line should go more like G-C-G-C-G-C-H. Also, some other pitches seem off (e.g. beats 122, 232, 271, 349...).
Okay so it's not just me. This makes me feel better. xD

Smilley

Fixed two small typos/misheard lyrics: "The Pony Generators churn out many new OCs" in Let's Go and Meet the Bronies, and "And we're playing to win / As we gallop to glory" in Hearts Strong As Horses. The ammended notes are in the WIP folder.

Smilley

I just realized while browsing my MLK songs folder that our "Loyalty" notes weren't updated because the old folder was called "AcousticBrony, MandoPony - Loyalty" and the new one's "AcousticMandoBrony - Loyalty". Fortunately, the new notes (in an otherwise empty folder) don't cause a dublicate in the game, since its "song.mp3" cannot be read.

Renard

Raw error log when loading the songs into USDX CMD. Might be useful, or not.
http://pastebin.com/GYMzL62r

EDIT: mostly not useful