certain songs not showing bar

Started by xzey, July 17, 2014, 07:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xzey

Hello, first off I really love the My Little Karaoke and it's really fun, but there is little problem. There were certain songs missing what I call it the "singing bar". It has the lyric showing but on top of it doesn't show the bar throughout the whole song and I recieved no score at all because there wasn't any singing bars. an example showing would be Nightmare Night song and Epic Rap Battle of Equestria: Iron Will vs Zecora. is it possibly because lyrics going too fast? I'm not sure and I really love to try the song out. Thanks for understanding.

Renard

The engine (UltrastarDX) can't reliably handle rap/talked segments, which are basically all rhythm and no precise pitch. In this case, "freestyle" notes are used - these are displayed in italics and show no bars. This is what Singstar used to be on PS2 before the addition of the "rap meter", which does rhythm and basic speech recognition.

Some of the songs are 100% rap, or simply not do-able with the current game engine; this is the case of "Epic Rap Battle of Equestria", "Glass of Water", and the likes. Because they're fun to have in a library and to play along, we still included them in the game. The downside is that they're all freestyle, and hence give no points.