Cannot Burn Add-Ons to CD

Started by TirzahLPS, October 13, 2014, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TirzahLPS

I wanted to use some of the new songs, after I download both Add-ons I attempted to burn them to the drive but 'The Selected Disc Image File Isn't Valid', the CD has space and is the right one, what am I doing wrong?

Smilley

Are you sure the download completed correctly? You can check the hashtags at the bottom of the download page. If those match up, might I ask which burning program you use?
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

sleumas2000

Also - Use the torrent downloads, not the Direct downloads - the Direct Downloads often get corrupted, due to their massive filesize.
Torrents self-correct download errors.
Top of the day to you!

TirzahLPS

@Smilley
How do I find the Hash? And I'm using standard 'Windows Disc Image Burner'
@sleumas2000
I don't like Torrent because I'd rather not download more then I have to. But if I need to, I will..

Renard

On Windows, an easy way is to use http://www.winmd5.com/ - just open the downloaded file in it and it will calculate its md5 hash/checksum.
You should obtain these results if the downloads were not corrupted:
  • 1fea966a2c165ef915b97f00543f43d1 (MLK_SIM2.iso) - Main disc
  • 9d13b31c70ab4de73addbe5e430ab835 (MLK_AC.iso) - Addon disc #1
  • 3d19fa866c6fd3fe6bab61cef0c5e40c (MLK_AC2.iso) - Addon disc #2
If the number differs, the file is corrupted and you will unfortunately have to re-download it.

Torrents will usually yield less issues since the files is downloaded in chunks, and each chunk is checked for potential corruption during the download process itself. If a chunk is corrupted, the torrent client will re-download it (instead of re-downloading the whole file). Also, you will not download more than you have to, but you'll upload parts of the file to other users; I believe this could be an issue on metered/capped connexions, but you can set up the torrent client so it won't upload anything.

Also, you don't have to burn a disc (but it's a lot easier to distribute to friends or store on a shelf, if you do). Recent operating systems, such as Windows 8+ or Mac OSX, will just open the ISO file as a virtual disc on your machine when you double-click on it. You'll be able to install from there. On Windows <8, you can install Deamon Tools Lite - just remember to uncheck the bundled apps in its installer.