MLK Config Directory

Started by sleumas2000, August 18, 2014, 04:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleumas2000

By Default, MLK uses the standard ultrastardx config directory. (that is ~/.ultrastardx or %appdata%\ultrastardx)
This is fine, except for someone who already has ultrastardx on their system, and wishes to keep their MLK Highscores separate from those of vanilla (if I can call it that) USDX.

I understand this doesn't affect many people, and in fact, I may be the only one this affects, but I thought I'd raise it, even if it will just end up simmering on the back-burner.
I'm currently working on a personal workaround, and I'll let you know if/when I manage to get it working with a separate directory (I was thinking something along the lines of ~/.MyLittleKaraoke and %appdata%\MyLittleKaraoke), so that you can incorporate it into AC3 (if you so desire)

EDIT: If you edit the launcher to run
ultrastardx.exe -ConfigFile %appdata%\MyLittleKaraoke\config.ini -ScoreFile %appdata%\MyLittleKaraoke\Ultrastar.db
plus any other options used by default, it will use custom files, keeping the entire of MyLittleKaraoke separate from standard Ultrastar Deluxe

I know this may not be of big concern to you, but next time you update the launcher, please would you incorporate this into it.

Thanks
Top of the day to you!

Renard

Indeed. It actually had an impact for some people, who previously installed USDX and then removed it - the config file stayed, and sometime was set to use a non-default USDX theme. This prevented the game from launching at all, it just silently failed to load the non-existing theme and exited.

Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to look into this.

sleumas2000

I would upload a recompiled .exe with the new line, but I can't find the launcher's source.
Top of the day to you!

yayponies-eu

A bit late but : all sources are available on disk.

This change is probably not gonna be done before next update, so we will change the launcher ourselves at this time :)

sleumas2000

thanks.
You might want to make the installer also copy the old ultrastar.db into the new config folder, so as to stop oeple complaining about 'missing highscores'
Top of the day to you!