wat

Started by Stormwind083, December 25, 2013, 03:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormwind083

ok so what is the point of the iso files? yes i know how to mount and install, but i didnt download the singing is magic iso and everything worked just fine on the ultrastar deluxe. why exactly do i need the 5g of data? is there something im missing? when i did it before i could never figure out what exactly what it did. if somepony could help that would be fantastic

Renard

I... just don't get what you mean. If you didn't download the game, how did you manage to have it "work fine"? I'm assuming you downloaded the song packs, which is a viable alternative if you have an existing Ultrastar installation or wish to do things on your own. In that case, you also downloaded 5Gb of data anyway if you got all packs...

Stormwind083

are you telling me the iso's held all the song packs??? i mean,  i couldnt get them to work before on my old pc. all i got was the song packs

Renard

Yes, and a bit more. They have a few extra songs, the custom Ultrastar theme and addtional settings, and some other extra content such as a game manual, a launcher, printable labels so you can create your own physical version...

It's also trivial to open an ISO file and extract its content without running anything. Though nowadays, most operating systems know natively how to deal with ISO files (Mac OSX and Window 8 will mount them, Linux will usually open it as an archive in the most popular distros). If you're using Windows 7 or earlier, you're also very likely to be able to open ZIP archives anyway - and all of WinZIP, WinRAR, and 7zip know of to extract files from an ISO if you don't already have any virtual drive software.

The ZIP packs are provided for convenience - it's basically the raw content, no extras, and the download sizes are reduced in order to makes it easier to get if you have a monthly data cap or a slow Internet connexion for instance. We don't offer songs on an individual basis, because it's both a pain to deal with (very time consuming) and it wouldn't encourage people to discover new songs.

Stormwind083

thank you. is there anyway to request new songs? there are 2 i would really want
but yeah i use windows 7 and winrar.  now to get a mic that doesnt stutter

Smilley

There's a whole section dedicated for song requests.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!