Songs wont load

Started by DonutSteel, January 01, 2014, 01:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonutSteel

I downloaded the game and when it launches is just says cant find songs or no songs founds

Tsaukpaetra

You'll want to ensure that the songs are in the right place.

For example, in the config.ini file, there should be a section that should read something like this:

[Directories]
SongDir1=C:\Program Files\MyLittleKaraoke\songs
SongDir2=C:\Program Files (x86)\MyLittleKaraoke\songs

If you want to use the songs directly on the disk itself, you can add entries like so:

[Directories]
SongDir1=y:\Songs
SongDir2=z:\Songs
SongDir3=C:\Program Files\MyLittleKaraoke\songs
SongDir4=C:\Program Files (x86)\MyLittleKaraoke\songs

You can also try my portable version of UltraStarDX, which has these settings already:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJisXNV_Zh3amNPTk95cFNMdXc/edit?usp=sharing

DonutSteel

How do I save it once I put these settings in

Tsaukpaetra

Quote from: DonutSteel on January 01, 2014, 10:44:35 AM
How do I save it once I put these settings in
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Once you give the correct paths in config.ini and save, there should be nothing more to do but launch the game.

PsychicWalnut

I recall having this issue way back when...

I think it was because I was trying to start the game from an ultrastar shortcut instead of the MLK shortcut.

Smilley

I'd advice against playing the songs off the DVD/ISO. You should just copy the "Songs" folder from the install drive to your MLK folder. First from the V2 DVD, then the Addtitional Content one, and overwrite everything. That way, you get all the updated files.
If you don't have the My Little Pony style background theme, you should do the same with the "Themes" folder, then select it in-game under Tools->Options->Themes.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

DonutSteel

After I edit the  code in config it says when I go to save can not save here

Smilley

Huh. The config file should definitely not be read-only. Rightclick on it, go to Properties and see if Read Only is checked off under Attributes. But, as said, it's easier and better just to copy the Songs and Themes folders off the DVD/ISOs.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Tsaukpaetra

Quote from: DonutSteel on January 02, 2014, 05:16:36 AM
After I edit the  code in config it says when I go to save can not save here
That's because it's in the program files folder, you would need to copy it out of there, make the changes, and copy it back.

yayponies-eu

To begin with, the config is completely useless since where songs are supposed to be, make sure your download wasnt corrupted and try reinstalling