%1 Is Not A Valid Win32 Application

Started by arsweetie1234, July 08, 2014, 02:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arsweetie1234

Please help me, I have tried everything. When I start up the installer for MLK, I press the install button and it says "%1 is not a valid win32 application" I un and reinstalled the game 3 times, and I even reinstalled DAEMON tools lite. I want to play so badly, but this one error is driving me nuts.  >:( Please help.

arsweetie1234

These are the details See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: %1 is not a valid Win32 application
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
   at My_Little_Karaoke_DVD.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5477 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
My Little Karaoke DVD
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///Y:/autorun.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

arsweetie1234

Smilley

My first thought is faulty download. Check the hashtag for your .iso file with the data and tool provided on the download page.
If it matches up, try downloading the newest .NET Framework tool from the Microsoft archives - Google's your friend.

Also, some basic forum etiquette:
1) When posting an error message, try to provide as much relevant system specs as possible. In this case, which OS you are using. Errors might be resolved differently whether you are using WinXP, 7, 8, MacOS or Linux.
2) When posting replies, try keeping it to helpful information. Posts #1 and 2 were, #3 not so much.
3) You can edit posts. Not so much an issue on this board, but doubleposting is generally frowned upon as post-grinding.
4) Don't go asking for replies in PM, especially not within the hour of posting your error. Believe it or not, we have lives of our own. Give us at least 24 hours before doing anything of the sort. And even then, we might not post answers because
a) we're AFK for a longer period - eg. on vacation, at a con, PC busted, etc., or
b) we simply do not know.
In either of these cases, prodding us with PMs won't speed up the issue.
5) You might not realize this, but I'm only involved in song coding. I'm as ignorant to the particulars of the installer as you are, so my suggestions above are more educated guesses.

Anyway, welcome to the board and I hope your issues will be resolved shortly and you'll come to enjoy the game.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

arsweetie1234

Sorry..... um I have windows 7, and I already apparently have .net framework.  Thanks for the welcome.

Smilley

Well, that wasn't it, then. Did you check the hashtag?

arsweetie1234

The Md5? I did that. All of the three copies were corrupted somehow. If we can, maybe that should be our problem to fix. Oh and, I'm having trouble with this forum stuff because this is the first one I've posted, or had an account on. I'm more of a youtube person, really.

Smilley

No problem. We all had our first experiences somewhere. It's how we learn.
As for the ISOs, I recommend downloading them through Torrent. Not only is it the fastest option, you can easily re-hash them in case the download is incomplete or corrupted.

arsweetie1234

Ok, I'll try that :) Thanks for the help. If I have any more problems, I won't spam people next time, or beg for it.

Smilley

Then you already learned a valuable lesson and have become a better person of it. Keep us updated; if it still doesn't work, I can help you install it manually.

arsweetie1234

UPDATE: It worked! :) I have only now just installed it because I like to watch youtube videos and the torrent makes my internet slow. Thank you!