Microphone not working

Started by WeeAddy31, July 10, 2014, 01:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeAddy31

So I use a Blue Yeti microphone on my PC -- the game, when downloading, said Singstar mics are compatible, but also MOST USB mics.

So I'm not sure whether or not it's something wrong with the games settings or whatever, or if it's incompatible. Anyone else use a Yeti?

Diponi

If the mic works in other programs, it should work in the game just as fine. Check that the microphone is selected correctly: http://www.mylittlekaraoke.com/forum/index.php/topic,682.msg2959.html#msg2959

After that, you might have to increase sensitivity by increasing the mic volume and tinkering with mic boost and threshold in the sound settings.

WeeAddy31

Yeah, I've checked numerous times and fiddled with it to get it to work in-game, and I can see that both Channels have the little bars appear inside whenever you speak to say how loud you are, so the game hears me and all that, but when I get into a song it always says "Player 1 is not assigned a controller" or whatever.

StarStep

It sounds like you just don't have it assigned to player 1. So in options under record it sounds like you already have your yeti showing up under soundcard, now you just need to go down to channel 1 and change it from off to 1(for player one). Make sure it's only channel1 and that channel2 is set to off.

WeeAddy31

OOOOooooohh... I got it. Thanks, StarStep xD I had no idea I had to change the numbers on the Channel 1 thing. I didn't know you could, I thought it was just something that reacts depending on how loud you speak, like how loud in terms of volume you are -- you are 1-6 in terms of how loud you are.

I'm an idiot. Thanks for the help, it works now :)