Post yourself singing

Started by TechnoColt, September 24, 2012, 07:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechnoColt

As I stated previously, your speakers, or even you, may commit suicide after listening to this. Now that I've given you fair warning, I present to you Discord, as sung by TechnoColt. Keep in mind that I'm using a crappy microphone, so I sound (ever so slightly) better in real life. It's not my best performance on this particular song, only 8200 points, but it'll have to do.

http://picosong.com/wD2c/

EDIT: Hmm, it seems that I left like seven seconds of white noise on the end of the file. Also, please do let me know how long you listened to the mp3. I'd like to know just how long it takes before my voice makes somepony's ears bleed. XD

Renard

This deserves its own topic. Dat split.
Haven't listen to your file yet though, but will do soon!

evillander

I hate myself for doing this but...
Here's my karaoke of I bring the sun...

http://picosong.com/wDay

Thank god they have a delete button...
With all great things, comes a great responsibility.

TechnoColt

Trust me, I've heard much, much worse, evillander. That wasn't too bad at all.

evillander

Quote from: TechnoColt on September 25, 2012, 06:37:13 PM
Trust me, I've heard much, much worse, evillander. That wasn't too bad at all.

Well thanks :D

evillander

Yours isn't bad at all o.o
Do you have a snot or something cuse you can hear that, or is that your normal voice?

Anyways, you can follow the notes very good :D

TechnoColt

Thank you very much. :) Yeah, I have bad allergies. /: That noticeable, eh?

I come from a fairly musical family, so I've always had a decent sense of pitch and rhythm. It's funny, I love to sing, but I never really want other people to hear me singing. The internet is different, of course, since I'm anonymous.

Yocchan

@ TechnoColt : Ho, if this could make my speakers commit suicide, I think they would already have turned into zombies a while ago orz. I actually expected something bad but you really can sing ! ?

@ evillander : Even if you're not e-xac-tly following the rhythm at times, it's still a nice cover ! And I think your voice was quite fitting.  :D

I wanted to record a Pinkie song because Pinkie, but I've caught a cold so I can't sing at all  :'(. Here's my recording of Discord from last week, sounding all stupid 12 year old-like  :P : [ ??? ]

By the way, why isn't the instrumental version of Discord (the one I used) in the game ?

TechnoColt

@Yocchan Thank you very much for the compliment. I guess I just don't really like my own voice much, haha. You've got a pretty decent voice yourself. Where are you from? I can't place your accent.

evillander

Profpatsch

@Yocchan Not bad, not bad.
You (or at least your accent) are from eastern Europe, right? Rumania, Poland or similar.

evillander

Quote from: Profpatsch on September 26, 2012, 12:54:15 PM
@Yocchan Not bad, not bad.
You (or at least your accent) are from eastern Europe, right? Rumania, Poland or similar.

I thought it was from Japan for a second :p

Yocchan

Quote from: TechnoColtWhere are you from? I can't place your accent.
Quote from: ProfpatschYou (or at least your accent) are from eastern Europe, right? Rumania, Poland or similar.
Quote from: evillanderI thought it was from Japan for a second :p

Erm... Okay okay, I'll study harder my English pronunciation -hides under a rock- Actually, I'm from France, ahah. Sorry if it's disappointing x). (And thanks for the compliments ! \o/)
On a side note, evillander, that made me smile because I'm indeed learning Japanese this year. Maybe that's why ?  ::)

evillander

Quote from: Yocchan on September 26, 2012, 01:55:57 PM
Quote from: TechnoColtWhere are you from? I can't place your accent.
Quote from: ProfpatschYou (or at least your accent) are from eastern Europe, right? Rumania, Poland or similar.
Quote from: evillanderI thought it was from Japan for a second :p

Erm... Okay okay, I'll study harder my English pronunciation -hides under a rock- Actually, I'm from France, ahah. Sorry if it's disappointing x). (And thanks for the compliments ! \o/)
On a side note, evillander, that made me smile because I'm indeed learning Japanese this year. Maybe that's why ?  ::)

Aha, I knew it.
Anyways, good luck with your Japanese, heard it wasn't really that simple...

I don't really know if I have an accent... Probably but then really weird I guess, I don't know... xd

Be cured fast :)

Smilley

What recording software do you use? I might do Perfect Stallion and Pinkie's Brew. I have a bit of a cold, though, so don't judge me if I cough into the mic. ;)

EDIT: Renamed the thread.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

evillander

Quote from: Smilley on September 26, 2012, 04:27:08 PM
What recording software do you use? I might do Perfect Stallion and Pinkie's Brew. I have a bit of a cold, though, so don't judge me if I cough into the mic. ;)

EDIT: Renamed the thread.

I don't know what the others use...
I just use the default soundrecorder on windows 7 and put it on camtasia and add the song to it and try to let them synchronize together...

TechnoColt

TechnoColt

Here's another mp3. This time, I'm singing Luna, which I added to the game myself. :P

http://picosong.com/wzk4/

EDIT: Hmm, sounds like I clipped a few times while singing... Oh well.

Smilley

This is me with The Perfect Stallion:
http://picosong.com/wzgk
And Pinkie's Brew:
http://picosong.com/wzg9

My first thought was: What the hay, is this what I sound like to others?
The second: crummy SingStar mic, distorts as hell. Only a few pitches in Pinkie's Brew, though.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

TechnoColt

@Smilley Pretty nice voice you've got there.