Ressources and expected files quality

Started by Renard, June 04, 2012, 07:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

So far, all the ressources are gathered in a MediaFire folder. I'm in the process of moving everything to DropBox.

Done. There's now a Dropbox folder shared between all users, PM me if you wish to gain access to it.
This shared folder contain every resources we currently have validated, including audio, video, and test files.

Important
If you do not have a Dropbox account yet (you'll need one for that), do not create it yet. Just ask me and I'll send you an invite - we'll have more free space for stuff that way!

Renard

Expected assets (min) quality is as followed:

Music (Stereo)
MP3: VBR, -q0, j-stereo
OGG: VBR, -q0, j-stereo

Can't. Has to use CBR, or UltraStar might not interpret the song correctly. Switching to MP3 320kpbs.

Video
As seen here.
- 720p (1280x720), 23.97fps (framerate of the YP/CC releases)
- Container: AVI
- Codec: libx264 /H.264
- Bitrate: approx. 5Mbps Testing shows that a 2-pass 2Mbps libx264 target is decent enough for the project, with a much lower file size.

Pictures
- Wallpapers: 1080p (1920x1080)
- CD Covers: ?

Texts
?

Renard

Cleared some space in the common Dropbox share. You should all be able to upload new files now ;)
(Tell me is that's not the case)

Xemnas

Diponi

What's the encoding being used for community videos? I've been using (per the post above)
ffmpeg -y -i original.avi -c:v libx264 -preset veryslow -pass 1 -b:v 2M -pix_fmt +yuv420p -an -f mp4 /dev/null && \
ffmpeg    -i original.avi -c:v libx264 -preset veryslow -pass 2 -b:v 2M -pix_fmt +yuv420p -an video.mp4

because I think that's the format official songs use.

I just noticed now that most community videos seem to have an ~1 Mbps bitrate, so is there any recommended bitrate for those? Assuming, of course, not being restricted by the source quality.

Renard

For community videos, I'm usually using a lower framerate (1200kbps), still at 720p, 2 passes. Framerate and other things like colorspace are kept intact from the source video.
Bitrate may vary - I've used as low as 600kpbs for videos with little motion and fixed pictures, such as visualizations (where only the waveform moves).