Why does the game keep logging me out?

Started by ShTHfan1, October 01, 2016, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShTHfan1

Okay, I've already encountered this problem many times before, but this one was truly a crime...

What happens is I finish a song, and when I'm satisfied with my score, I send it, only for the game to tell me I'm not logged in.
So I log in while sending it, and it appears on the scoreboard as Anonymous.
This has happened on Here We Are and Home (you can still see both instances on the scoreboard), but I have since beaten both of those scores.

But after literal months of trying, I finally got an Ultrastar rank on Our Story, on Hard Mode! And it happens again...
A whopping 9050 points on Hard Mode only to go unnamed... I sent the score through anyway as proof, but it just leaves me so frustrated!

I keep logging in the proper way every time I notice it, but I have to redo the song.
And then the next time I open the game it always seems like there's a 50/50 chance that the game will retain that information.
So what am I supposed to do? Do I have to check it every time I open the game now, or am I doing something wrong?

ShTHfan1

Okay, I think I figured this one out myself actually... It seems to happen every time my computer restarts itself. And it also erases all record of me even doing the song, which I don't understand... but I digress. I guess I'll try and beat 9050 now... :-\

rainbowderpy

Plesse try if updating the mlk install using the files from https://derpy.ws/derpycdn/publ/mlk/mlk_1.3.2.zip fixes your issue.

rainbowderpy

ShTHfan1

It doesn't seem much different... Unless I'm supposed to do more than just copy over the files?

Then again, my computer hasn't updated yet, so I'll get back to you on that once it does.

ShTHfan1

Ooooook then... Just entered editor mode again and it did something there... The "Play song" hotkey only plays the current line, and the font doesn't load correctly. Was that supposed to happen?

rainbowderpy

Quote from: ShTHfan1 on November 19, 2016, 12:52:17 PMThe "Play song" hotkey only plays the current line, and the font doesn't load correctly. Was that supposed to happen?
What hotkey and please add a screenshot.

ShTHfan1

The 'V' hotkey. The one that plays the whole song, and one I often use to make sure I've got all the pitches down before I sing it legitimately. And considering I just started My Sweet Peace yesterday, it got frustrating enough for me to reinstall the game and copy all my files over. I do however have this screenshot...

It also seemed to have messed up the way the game highlights the active note...

rainbowderpy

back to the topic of this thread,
QuoteA whopping 9050 points on Hard Mode only to go unnamed... I sent the score through anyway as proof, but it just leaves me so frustrated!

I keep logging in the proper way every time I notice it, but I have to redo the song.
And then the next time I open the game it always seems like there's a 50/50 chance that the game will retain that information.

Does this still happen since you updated to the current version?