Creating songs with USC and USDX

Started by Smilley, September 19, 2012, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShTHfan1

For some reason, the converter's not working... It always stops responding the moment I click the "Start Converting" button... Halp :'(

Smilley

Did you add exactly one MP3 to the list? You cannot do more than one file unless you register it. If nothing else, you can upload the original file and ask one of us to convert it for you. The converter is more a quick-and-dirty workaround anyway.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

ShTHfan1

I added exactly one, and every time, it says lame.exe has stopped responding (it won't let me add more than one anyway). And what you suggested I do would be kind of problematic, because there's more than one song I want to use that has VBR (trust me, I have a LOT of songs on my computer). Is there some other way?

Smilley

Google-search "VBR to CBR converter" and see which one works for you.

Renard

Before converting (destructive), check if the artist hasn't made a CBR version available! That's usually the case with music you'd find on Bandcamp for instance.

ShTHfan1

Quote from: Smilley on July 02, 2015, 08:00:48 PM
Google-search "VBR to CBR converter" and see which one works for you.

For some reason, every result ultimately links back to the same software that keeps failing. I'm not sure there is another version available... :(

Quote from: Renard on July 03, 2015, 10:03:01 AM
Before converting (destructive), check if the artist hasn't made a CBR version available! That's usually the case with music you'd find on Bandcamp for instance.

Now that you mention it, a lot of the songs have downloads exclusive to Bandcamp. I'm going to try re-downloading some of them using a YouTube to MP3 converter first and see how it goes. I heard somewhere they have lower quality when done that way.

Renard

You don't need any converter - just download the file from Bandcamp, and pick MP3 CBR 320kpbs in the list.

RD1042

Quote from: Renard on July 04, 2015, 03:45:23 AM
You don't need any converter - just download the file from Bandcamp, and pick MP3 CBR 320kpbs in the list.

Wow thank you. I didn't even know about that ::), now I can continue making songs  ;D
Quote from: QT Luna on May 17, 2015, 10:05:06 PM
I've seen RD1042 perform songs with 8500-9500 points on medium with eyes closed, slightly drunk and half-sleeping.

Smilley

Added a few tips and hotkeys to the editing chapter.

SoaringJe

QuoteSometimes, you'll want to change linebreaks as well. If you want to merge lines, select the earlier one and press SHIFT+"-" (again, not numpad). You might need to switch lines to update the text, though. If you want to cut a line in half, select the word you want to be the first of the new line, and press "-".

I'm pretty sure that key is supposed to be "/" and not "-", because "-" changes the BPM.