Hey, I've got a question!

Started by TheStolenBattenberg, September 10, 2014, 08:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStolenBattenberg

Hello!

I am 100% most certainly new here. I checked out the FAQs and some other peoples topics but I couldn't find the answer, or anyone else asking the question I'm going to ask.

Chances are this is going to be something very stupid which I've done, and I have neglected to actually search hard enough.

Okay, the question: How do I get my hands on the extra community songs which are either WiP or finished? I've clicked on every topic for a song I'm interested in and found no code or download... It would be nice to have some guidance here, since I have absolutely no idea how to go about creating my own songs, and since I'm in a university course I have very little free time to learn.

Anyway, thanks in advance if someone is to answer this! I greatly appreciate it.

Renard

Hello!

All the songs that are currently publicly available can be downloaded from the main site, in packs. The downloads are fairly large, but they include a lot and it makes things a lot easier to manage on our side too (plus, encourage sneakernet distribution).

The WIP songs are, as the name implies, still being worked on. Only the team has access to these files. Most of them are incomplete before release (missing artworks, typos, bad video, bad audio...), hence they are usually not distributed as it - our aim here is simply to have a cohesive experience, and reduce clutter forming from distributing unfinished files. Some file creators may chose to distribute their files directly in the various threads, but it's up to them. Releasing in packs allows for some extra time, and testing. :)

TheStolenBattenberg

QuoteHello!

All the songs that are currently publicly available can be downloaded from the main site, in packs. The downloads are fairly large, but they include a lot and it makes things a lot easier to manage on our side too (plus, encourage sneakernet distribution).

The WIP songs are, as the name implies, still being worked on. Only the team has access to these files. Most of them are incomplete before release (missing artworks, typos, bad video, bad audio...), hence they are usually not distributed as it - our aim here is simply to have a cohesive experience, and reduce clutter forming from distributing unfinished files. Some file creators may chose to distribute their files directly in the various threads, but it's up to them. Releasing in packs allows for some extra time, and testing. :)

Alright, thank you for replying!

I'd already got the additional content disks, which is why I asked here when I wasn't able to find any of these songs I was looking for. Now it's all been cleared up though, cheers!

sleumas2000

Top of the day to you!