DaWillstanator feat. BriLizyT - Lullaby For A Princess (Duet)

Started by Smilley, May 16, 2015, 07:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

Yes, we have a version of this song already, but no duet mode. And it's one of my favourite fan songs, so indulge me. I've slready asked the artist for permission and some HQ audio. Let's see how it plays out.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Smilley

Wheeee, this was quite some work. I'm done, for now. Even though I love Inuhoshi's artwork we used for the original's background, I do think this deserves its own. I'm quite partial of this one, and I'm pretty sure I can get the one featured in the video for the cover.

Smilley

Added artwork and instrumental version. I haven't added them to the txt-s yet, because they have to be cropped. Could someone do that for me - the best picture editing software I have is Paint - so that should tell you something. :-P

They used the original background audio from the Ponyphonic version, so I just copied the MP3 from there.

Smilley

Renard

Can't do anything till next week, sorry!
Also, we have a new potential video for that one song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7PQ9IO-7fU

Smilley

'S OK, as long as it's not forgotten.
I've seen the video. I like it, but I'm quite fond of the version we have. If I had one complaint, it's that I think Celestia's mouth is a bit too... toothy.

Renard

We could use one video for the regular version, and the other for this duet track maybe? Provided both tracks have the same length (haven't checked).
Resized the cover picture, the bg is fine as is. I had to remove the text and do a bit of editing, hope that will do!

Smilley

Both use the same instrumental track, so they are the same length and rhythm. I thought of using the two videos like that, but unfortunately, neither fits the duet quite well. The typography doesn't exactly fit the lyrics and in this one you can see Celestia sing while it is Luna's part in the audio.
EDIT: On re-watching the animation, I also noticed/remembered that the first chorus is cut entirely, making it incompatible with either audio track we have.

Smilley

I just realized, you didn't include the full duet version in the release. Any reasons for that?