What is the "Pony Rock Project"?

Started by Renard, May 02, 2013, 07:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

Hello folks!

Songs in this subforum were not originally created from scratch for the My Little Karaoke project, but were converted from the Pony Rock Project. These songs were originally meant to be played in a Guitar Hero / Rock Band style rhythm game, using a variety of plastic instruments. Of course, since MyLittleKaraoke is focused on singing, only the vocal tracks were ported.

In order to make the songs fit Ultrastar, the only modifications made were cosmetic (banners, backgrounds, etc).

The PPR project is lead by LyokoFreaks. It is meant to be played in the original Rock Band game, but requires the gamers to fulfill quite a few technical requirements in order to do that (must use an Xbox, must use Rock Band 3 [not updated], must be able to access the console's hard drive). It can also be played using Frets on Fire (or its mod, FoFiX) on a Windows/Mac/Linux computer.

QuoteWelcome, fillies and gentlecolts, to the official Pony Rock Project page! This project is an initiative to put some of the excellent fan created music inspired by My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic into Rock Band 3. All of the songs are distributed as CONS, free of charge, with remixed audio using each of the artists' master track stems. I have taken care to make every song as accurate and fun to play as possible. This means that they all meet RBN standards and contain all of the elements you would find in any RBN released song. I hope you enjoy these tracks as much as I enjoy making them!

Pay them a visit over there!
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29080&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Renard

Keep in mind that most of the songs were created for another gameplay style - some are not really fitting in a karaoke context! In order not to flood the MLK song list with (somewhat) un-singable songs, I'd rather make a list of what's fun to play in Ultrastar.

This list is highly subjective. Please comment if you think it's wrong!

- Art of the Dress Rock // ClaireAnneCarr
- Dash's Echoing Sky // Derpidety (long intro)
- Fluttershy's Gala // F3nning (lots of pitch correction)
- There's Pinkie // Fountains of Pony
- Balloons in my Basket // FraGmenTd
- Summer // Griffin Village
- CMC Power Metal // Hatesteed (hey, I started to work on that one but never finished :D )
- Beyond Her Tomb // Mic The Microphone (lots of freestyle notes)
- Cerulean Blue // Replacer
- Aloe Aloe // Underpony
- For Luna // Valfrous Coyote
- Dreams of an Earth Pony // voodoopony (need specific USDX editing, messed up UI; low-volume vocals)
- Avast Fluttershy's Plot // WoodenToaster ("yay")
(...)

Not really sing-able:
- Pegadrome // FraGmenTd
- Avalanche // Cirricky

Mirthos

Been awhile sense I have been here and this topic is new sense then.

But I just wanted to point out that all songs from the Pony Rock Project also work on the game Phase Shift. Which if you don't know what it is well, I will tell you and post a link.

Phase Shift is a Guitar Hero/Rock Band game for the PC that support ANY instrumentation. Pro Guitar, Pro Keys, Pro Drums, etc. It also provides for Real Drums, which supports high hat peddle and double bass peddle.
Then game supports any USB plastic instrument of choice (Rock Band being the most preferred since Guitar Hero Doesn't do USB's.) except Singing. The game creators have not implemented it yet.
The game also supports many different themes and allows the customization of the fretboards. I currently use pony fretboards.

Link for game: http://www.dwsk.co.uk/

Link for pony Fretboards: http://thedeadplayersalbums.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Frets-on-Fire-Guitar-Hero-Fretboard-Designs-304292463

Renard

Neat. So, unlike Frets On Fire / FoFiX, no format conversion needed?