OpenGL issue since world party update

Started by arcane, April 20, 2016, 11:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcane

I recently completely uninstalled my old beta channel version of the game to start from scratch with the web installer. Despite my graphic drivers being up to date, MLK refuses to run due to a supposed issue with OpenGL 1.2, even after running the vcredist file from Microsoft and extracting the .dll file into the UltraStar Deluxe folder...So now the game doesn't work at all. Help?

My complete system report:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1ACmJAlhsKkbQry4DxxsXVJ

rainbowderpy

as a quick workaround, simply rename the opengl32_disabled.dll file to opengl32.dll and restart the game.

I am running mostly the same hardware and the problem is caused by the buggy intel graphics drivers on windows 10.
You most likely already installed the leshcatlabs or the intellimodders graphics driver but if you look at their forums, you can see that because of the drivers being written only on the wddm 1.2 drivers model, they only really support up to Windows 8.0 and are quite buggy on windows 8.1 or windows 10.

Ruby Rose

I can't believe that was all i needed to do, i had been doing almost miracles to get this update to work...........luckily i found this post before going crazy  :D