Web installer crashes 3 quarters of the way through installation

Started by DJ colors, August 19, 2016, 07:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ colors

So I forgot all about this game and recently remember that it exists, that being said I was really excited when I remember that this game existed and I can download a copy because I have a good microphone, so I was incredibly disappointed when I found out that after about probably a good 3-4 hours of waiting for this game to install, the game decided to freeze and crash once it reached the package installer progress bar. I really want to play this game. I have Windows 10, on a Toshiba laptop, now I read some of the other forms and I'm aware that there are a few issues with Windows 10, and as I am writing this down there is a new version of the web installer running right now, but I would really like to know why the game crashes when it gets about three-quarters of the way through installation, I looked and I haven't seen anything about this issue, so what I want to know is it just my laptop or is it the web installer, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: so the game has installed ( thow the web installer is still freezing on the last bit it seems that it pushed through and finish the installation), however now when I open the game and press play my little karaoke, I get an error message that reads, "opening MLK failed, sorry, was not able to open the file "UltraStar.exe". please retry."
I'm not sure why this is happening, but if anyone knows how to fix this or why it's happening again any and all help is greatly appreciated.

rainbowderpy

Hi DJ colors,
I am one of the main developers of the game. I'd like to analyse the issues and fix them. Could I maybe get secure access to your computer using something like teamviewer? If yes, please send me a personal message about how and when you would be able to do that.
Thanks!