I know I can't win
My Cadence, my love song
Love blooms everywhere you go
I know I can't win, without you by my side

Best friends even since we were young
I should have known. Can't believe I was wrong
I need you here by my side

I've loved you since the day we met
I know your heart wouldn't stray from me yet.
I need you here by my side

The queen has risen, the throne undone,
Shining Armor you must hold on.

I'll never run and I'll never hide
I won't give up and I will not die
I will stay strong and I will fight
'Till you're here by my side!

Renard

Proposal: rename "Cadence" to "Cadance" in this song, now that Hasbro has given the name a spelling.

sleumas2000

BUMP because Old songs deserve attention too!
Top of the day to you!

Renard

I'll give it a go :)

EDIT: eek, I remember why I didn't work on this one sooner. The song should be a duet, especially at the end...

Renard

Done! As a result, there are two versions (male lead / female lead). I will be trivial for anyone using a USDX duet mod to merge them, and fun to play too.

I'd appreciate a quick review of the male version, especially the "My cadence, my love song" line. The first "my" seems a bit off-key to me, but I can't quite tell what's wrong (if anything is wrong here).

Smilley

I checked the files, and I think if we do the seperate tracks, we should do it properly: you still have the lines for both of them when they are singing on their own. Other than that, yeah, those duet lines are quite a b**** to hear properly. I went ahead and sent the creator a PM on his Youtube account asking if he has seperate tracks for the singing voices we could use.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

Yeah - because they're mostly solo songs still, all tracks are fully singable. The focus shifts to either lead when there are harmony sections. I don't intend the files to be fully silent at times for this reason, but a proper duet would obviously not include that (just delete the irrelevant parts in the txt).

It might however be interesting to have fully separated vocal tracks for the instrumental version, so the player could fully replace either original singer and mimic a duet.