Ok guys... How can I help?

Started by PsychicWalnut, June 02, 2013, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicWalnut

Hiya everypony!

I tried to activate an account over the past two months, but it seems the server won't send messages to my hotmail account.  Oh well.

In any event, I'd like to help out if there is anything left to do.

My useful skill set includes vector artwork (show-style), a little vocal-removal experience, general troubleshooting, and karaoke (naturally!)

Renard

Hey there and welcome! :)

What's left to do? Hm, unsure what I should answer as of now. A few artists are already working on the needed artworks, and the songs are in a feature-freeze state (but feel free to go ahead and submit some if you wish, there might still be a bit of time before the game goes Gold).

Basic stuff:
- Double-check / improve this boxart: http://mairusupawa.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Karaoke-Alpha-cover-design-320932913 (sources available on PM request)
- New USDX score icons? We're using the default ones, which I tried to ponify but haven't decided upon yet. (256×256px, png+alpha)
- Beta-test the game? The unreleased songs need a bit of reviewing

Might be some other things to do! If you think of anything, feel free to suggest ;)

PsychicWalnut

I looked at the googledocs spreadsheet, and noticed that there was no indicator for having a vocal-removed version of the audio.

Is there some way to check the status on this? 

I was wondering because I remember seeing a post saying those versions weren't going to be ready.
It is usually a simple matter to generate those... Especially if you have a 5.1 audio reference.  (which I do)

And syncing them with the existing vocal version means the other files will copy-paste over with no trouble.

Renard

You're working from 5.1 sources? Awesome!

The instrumental versions of the songs are lacking on the Google Doc. None of the official Season 3 (english) songs have karaoke versions. If you can work of it, that'd be awesome!

Check your PMs :)

PsychicWalnut

Ok, that was fun...   :)

In just a day, Season 3 Instrumentals are all done.

Now I just gotta find something else to do... 
I might just finish my latest pony vector project while I think of something.

Smilley

I've been thinking. With us probably getting renewed attention we could use an OC for the project as a whole. The USDX logo (the microphone with wings) could make a good cutie mark. Your thoughts?
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

PsychicWalnut

Not a bad idea...

With my current skill level at vectoring though, I would need at the very least a pose reference (screenshot or sketch).
Heck, I've been known to piece details together from multiple screenshots to make new poses.

Mane/Tail/Colors I can easily reference from ponies in the show, but would still need some basic ideas of what mix to use.

I guess we can start with the basics tho...

Rough Age Reference (cmc, mane 6, adult, elder):

Then of course we have the pose...
And it can be all sorts of crazy if we get down to it.

SR

I would guess:

Gender:  Probably female.  Most of the ponies in the show are. ;)
Pose:  Think Pinkie Pie on stage at the Grand Galloping Gala

Boom!

SR

PsychicWalnut

Starting a new thread about this OC development.