Having issues with installing songs?

Started by HomuraBakura, July 18, 2013, 11:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomuraBakura

So I downloaded the game, and I clicked on autorun, and the Great and Powerful Trixie helped me install the game.  It was installed, and then I tried to play and it said I had no songs.  I tried importing them from tools, but it doesn't seem to work...did I install it wrong, or is there a special way to do it?  I'm technologically challenged, please help!

PsychicWalnut

This most often happens from two different scenarios.

First would be if you are running the wrong instance of Ultrastar.  If you had a previous version of ultrastar installed, you will not want to start from that old ultrastar shortcut.  You should instead start the game from  Start -> All Programs -> Derpy Muffins Factory -> My Little Karaoke - Singing is Magic.  You can right-click this icon to send a new shortcut to the desktop.

Second, if you closed the dos box that popped up during the install.  This particular box is what installs the songs.  If this is what happened, just uninstall and reinstall.

Marioland1

If worst comes to worst and neither of the above work, just open up the .iso and copy the Music folder over manually.  It's what I had to do for a chunk of my songs.

Renard

This can also be caused by a lack of elevated write permissions during the installation process - although unlikely if you successfully installed the Ultrastar engine and theme. I'd advise just copying the "songs" folder to your hard drive, it's probably the easiest way of fixing that.