[S1E23] So Many Wonders

Started by Renard, July 12, 2012, 10:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

As a quick test, I decided to import LardonCru's english TXT and throw in the French lyrics + a temporary MP3 file for the song (which is really low quality, especially when compared to CaptainComedy's work on the English audio tracks).

This kinda works. Kinda.
To my surprise, the song is slightly longer in French than in English (to adapt to the singer's pitch? I hope that's not the result of some NTSC?PAL conversion...). This meant the BPM needed a slight adjustment, and may require some more fine-tuning. Also, most parts of the song do work as it is, but a few phrases need to be reviewed again.

I advise not to spend too much time on these versions as long as we have no known way of getting high quality MP3 tracks. But this trial kinda shows that the other languages can be quite easily forked from the English TXT files.

Note: the French version matches the German track perfectly.

Renard

Because of the audio/video sync issue, I think I'll remove the background video altogether. There's no need for a specific version of that file (bandwidth/space issues), we'll go with a static background. This is probably what we'll do with all languages other than English, sadly.

Question: should we name that track using the reference English name + a language tag ("So many wonders [FR]") or its French translation ("Toutes ces merveilles")?

Smilley

I'd go with the native language title. Those who will eventually look for those won't nessessarily know the English title.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!