Brony Awards 2014

Started by Smilley, October 14, 2014, 07:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

In the vast sea of Brony content, some people want to know which are the most popular ones. In comes Brony Awards, a community-voted prize for the best of the best.
It's currently (until November 15th) in its nomination phase - the 10 top voted entries go on to the final vote.
Vote for your favourite artist, musician and fanfic author, and there's even a misc. category that includes plushies, custom figurines, websites and (*ahem*) games.
So place your vote and spread the word, so that this can be the most representative award it can be!

I'll keep you updated on proceedings.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

sleumas2000

would voting for MLK count as Self-Nomination.
I know it wouldn't count for me - I joined quite late; but would it for you or Renard?
Top of the day to you!

Smilley

Eeyup. There's no way to track IPs to individual Bronies, though, so it's left up for conscience.
As for you, you already contributed a few songs for our next release, as well as Operation Scrutiny. You'll have your name in our staff list, once Renard updates our main homepage. You are part of the team now. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

StarStep

Quote from: Smilley on October 14, 2014, 08:21:06 PM
Eeyup. There's no way to track IPs to individual Bronies, though, so it's left up for conscience.
As for you, you already contributed a few songs for our next release, as well as Operation Scrutiny. You'll have your name in our staff list, once Renard updates our main homepage. You are part of the team now. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

One of us. One of us!  ;)

sleumas2000

Quote from: Smilley on October 14, 2014, 08:21:06 PM
Why thanks, I'd always felt that I hadn't really done much, because tbh I haven't!
Top of the day to you!

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: sleumas2000 on October 15, 2014, 07:02:36 AM
Why thanks, I'd always felt that I hadn't really done much, because tbh I haven't!

Yeah, it always starts out that way...
Then before ya know it, you are knee deep in chocolate rain while juggling 10 cupcakes and singing the latest Pinkie Pie song in front of a crowd of dozens.
But hey... at least it will be fun.

Anyhow, things started out slow for me as well when I joined up.  Nowadays, I tend to work in bursts.  New material becomes available, and blammo!  New audio.  Then I go back to my vectoring and Ponytones practice.

sleumas2000

Quote from: PsychicWalnut on October 18, 2014, 06:57:23 AMknee deep in chocolate rain while juggling 10 cupcakes and singing the latest Pinkie Pie song in front of a crowd of dozens.
I don't quite know how literally to take this statement!
Top of the day to you!

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: sleumas2000 on October 18, 2014, 08:23:37 AM
Quote from: PsychicWalnut on October 18, 2014, 06:57:23 AMknee deep in chocolate rain while juggling 10 cupcakes and singing the latest Pinkie Pie song in front of a crowd of dozens.

Translation: Chaos comes for everypony... eventually.  But don't stress out over it. 
(Things here start out easy, but after a while, you will get hit with a crazy situation.  It just happens.  Just roll with it and pony on.)

sleumas2000

Quote from: PsychicWalnut on October 19, 2014, 09:03:24 AM
Quote from: sleumas2000 on October 18, 2014, 08:23:37 AM

Translation: Chaos comes for everypony... eventually.  But don't stress out over it. 
(Things here start out easy, but after a while, you will get hit with a crazy situation.  It just happens.  Just roll with it and pony on.)
The Biggest Problem is that I probably won't be able to make any Conventions for at least a year or two because Parents :'(
Well, Actually I might - but I have yet to ask them anything like that. They know I'm a brony - but I think they'd draw the line on me going to a Con!
Especially with school fees etc. (I go to private boarding school)
Time for me to start saving money methinks
Top of the day to you!

Renard

You're in the UK, right? It's going to be a bit complicated to go to a con next year anyway. There will be no BUCK 2015, for a start. Galacon wasn't supposed to happen either (since the Forum am Schlosspark is closing next summer for renovation) but it seems they found a way. And while the Bronydays team will try to have something going, the plans are still very uncertain (it's extremely complicated to find a decent venue in Paris).

sleumas2000

UKPonyCon etc. ?
That was a few weeks ago, and should be happening next year too
Top of the day to you!