Post yourself singing

Started by TechnoColt, September 24, 2012, 07:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

Quote from: SR on June 05, 2013, 01:32:20 AM
Nice, eh! I've yet to have the confidence to post a recording of myself playing any of the tracks.  :P
Oh, come on, it's not like we are waiting, silently judging you for any small slip-up just so we can mercilessly troll you.
OK, after this, my next song has to be Picture Perfect Pony. Just don't expect me to do the rap part.

For now, brace your ears for The Moon Rises.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: Smilley on June 08, 2013, 10:41:45 AM
Oh, come on, it's not like we are waiting, silently judging you for any small slip-up just so we can mercilessly troll you.

I have to agree with this.  For the few years I've been doing karaoke, the crowds are always supportive. 
Heck, sometimes they cheer the loudest when you really butcher the song.   :o

They know it's all about having the courage to stand up for yourself... Wait a sec... That sounds like a friendship report from Fluttershy, doesn't it?

Anyhow, that's a nice rendition of The Moon Rises.  I've not heard it before, but now I like it.

Smilley

OK, I honestly tried to sing PPP, but I'll admit it sounds much better in my head than on an MP3, and I don't want to subject you to it. If you want to hear it, meet me and get me drunk enough ;). Instead, have Winter Wrap Up.

Din182183184

So I decided to do a cold recording of Cerulean Blue: http://picosong.com/RbYG/ How did I do?

Marioland1

Quote from: Din182183184 on July 20, 2013, 03:02:40 AM
So I decided to do a cold recording of Cerulean Blue: http://picosong.com/RbYG/ How did I do?
Just what was your score for that?  This leaves me curious.

Anyways, I'm intent on recording a few songs for your (possible) enjoyment, most likely some of the FiW stuff, as well as some of Forest Rain's music.  Man, do I love Forest Rain's songs (and that's not counting that my top 3 scores are all on his songs).  This assumes I can figure out how to record both the speakers and the mic at the same time using Audacity.  It's befuddling me.

Din182183184

Quote from: Marioland1 on July 20, 2013, 10:19:26 PM
Quote from: Din182183184 on July 20, 2013, 03:02:40 AM
Just what was your score for that?  This leaves me curious.

Anyways, I'm intent on recording a few songs for your (possible) enjoyment, most likely some of the FiW stuff, as well as some of Forest Rain's music.  Man, do I love Forest Rain's songs (and that's not counting that my top 3 scores are all on his songs).  This assumes I can figure out how to record both the speakers and the mic at the same time using Audacity.  It's befuddling me.
I got ~7500, on easy. Also, you can't record both the speakers and mic at the same time without a professional sound card. What I did was start up the recording, before starting the song, and just recording my mic. Then, I cut the beginning part and synced it up to an MP3 of the song itself.

Marioland1

Easy really is pretty lenient then.  I currently average somewhere around 8550 on Easy, and that really isn't too bad considering my equipment.

As it is, I may just livestream some of it and post links to the recorded streams.  It'll be easier to do, and you get to see what's hitting and missing the mark as well as hear my (less than) wonderful voice.  Of course I'll need a new mic first.  Mine is just a step away from becoming silent forever.

Smilley

With new people joining by the day (you're awesome), I thought I'd let myself be heard again, this time with Great to be different.

PsychicWalnut

Ack!  I better post a song before Smilley takes all the good ones.

I'm still fighting a cold, so I'm not at my best...(lack of air= less power and feeling) but I think it still turned out OK.

Here it is... Double Rainboom.

Marioland1

Wow Walnut!  The things I would do for a singing voice like that!  As it is, I'm gonna just stream it and post links to it here.  You'll get to see what I'm hitting and missing at least, so you're not going entirely by ear.

Smilley

I just wanted to tell you I was wrong before, and I'm not too proud to admit it. 9990 is not the top score, because this is:

Marioland1

What difficulty was that?  I can guarantee you one thing: I can't beat that.

Edit: I can read, really.  I can read that it says "Easy".  I just might not notice it at first glance.

Smilley

It's been some time. Have some Season 4 goodness, namely Apples To The Core and Hearts Strong As Horses.

Moonsparkle

Quote from: Smilley on January 18, 2014, 01:25:44 AM
It's been some time. Have some Season 4 goodness, namely Apples To The Core and Hearts Strong As Horses.
How many points do you get on Hearts as strong as Horses?
You sung it really good^^
Average score: 8820
3 highest song scores: I am Octavia (9860), BBBFF (9640), Great to be Different (9590)
3 most sung songs: The Moon Rises (11x), Don't Mine at Night (10x), Daring Do (8x)

Smilley

I record the songs by playing them with Audacity, so I don't know what my score for that attempt would've been, but my best is 9850 on Easy.

Moonsparkle

Quote from: Smilley on January 18, 2014, 02:12:50 PM
my best is 9850 on Easy.
How do you get so many points? D:
The best I get is 9640 on BBBFF :(
3 highest song scores: I am Octavia (9860), BBBFF (9640), Great to be Different (9590)
3 most sung songs: The Moon Rises (11x), Don't Mine at Night (10x), Daring Do (8x)

Smilley

Look at post #50. OK, both the Welcome Song and Hop Skip and Jump are short songs.
As for how: practice. And it helps that I know the ins and outs of each song, spending an average of 2 hours on them.
There are other, non-pony songs which I didn't make that I have extremely high scores on. I have over 9900 for both Tears For Fears - Mad World and Meat Loaf - I would do anything for love on Easy.
Also, I'm a maximalist. I don't post songs until I can score at least 9500 points. That way, I know it can't be too far off.

Moonsparkle

I don't give attention to the notes while I'm singing because I don't want to sing to only hit the notes^^
I sing with feelings xD

(But I try to become more than 9k Points on every song I know anyway :P)

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: Moonsparkle on January 19, 2014, 01:10:56 AM
I don't give attention to the notes while I'm singing because I don't want to sing to only hit the notes^^
I sing with feelings xD

Yeah, I know the feeling.

Personally, when learning the song I go for score.
Once I'm sure I have got all the notes down, then I start adding vocal depth to it.

Smilley

If you can sing with feeling and still hit the notes, I know I've done my job well.
Also, not to sound boastful or anything, but when I hit the high score on the Welcome Song, I wasn't even aiming at the score, I was just casually singing the song. I was honestly surprised when I saw the score screen.