Introduction

Started by Marioland1, July 24, 2013, 06:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marioland1

I guess this is the place for introductions.  If not, well, I derped again 6_9.  I am Marioland1, a 20 year old brony from Ohio that joined the herd just a few weeks before Season 2 came out.  I'll admit it, I had heard of an odd fandom that watched My Little Pony many months in advance, and it piqued my curiosity.  When I found that a friend of mine watched the show, I eventually decided that it couldn't do any harm, and so I began watching right from the start.  I fell in love pretty much immediately, and even now ponies remain one of the greatest focuses of my life.  Now if only I could get paid for watching them, I'd be made.

I've been a fan of games for quite a while, likely because I was more or less deprived of video games of many kinds in my teenage years (hay, I never even played a first person shooter until about 6 months ago). Minecraft was a big one for me, and I worked my way up and remain an Administrator on a public Minecraft server today.  Of course, Minecraft didn't take up all of my time, and I played many other games, both pony and non-pony.  When it came to pony games though, I constantly tried to find ways to help out where I could, posting on places like Ponychan's /collab/ board with what advice I could give, or even going so far as to join a team in the process of making a game (such as Ponymon Anarchy Version, where I hunt for bugs, typos, and give advice on decisions).

And then I heard some friends talking about a "My Little Karaoke", and I knew I had to check it out, and so I am here to help (or try at the least).  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I don't bite, unless you happen to be a gummy bear.  Then you better watch out ;)

SR

Greetings, Marioland!  And welcome to the group!  One of the things I really like about My Little Karaoke (which may be true of other projects as well--  I don't know), is how inclusive they are.  People on this forum have created excellent how-tos on how you can create your own note tracks for songs that people are requesting, as well as how to contribute these to the project so they get included in future releases of the game.

That, and you'll fit right in if you're the sort that likes to sing along with the songs in the show and/or fan music that gets created. :)

Marioland1

Thank you for your kind words.  I'm already beginning work on a song, and I'm trying to get a better mic so that I can play better and Livestream it.  I'll be sure to post a notice before I do though, if there's a good way to do that.

Smilley

Is it one of the pony/brony songs? Post in the thread there for us to know which songs are being worked on.
And that's just the beauty of this project: since we use an established engine, we have no need for any source code secrecy. Grab USDX, USC and you're basically set to add your own content.
If you need some pointers on how to work the software, check out the tutorial in my sig.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Marioland1

Once I actually get enough progress to be worthwhile, I'll throw in a thread for it.  I'm still getting used to the program right now, and there's not really any worth in showing off so little.

As it is, I got the idea from your signature in the first place, so I guess I have you to thank for that.