Error 2834

Started by Momo, September 21, 2014, 08:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momo

I just don't know what went wrong. I installed DAEMON Tools Lite and so on. Like in this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6fhT75E6vQ

But! At my PC there is an Error appearing :( Just don't know why! I'm doing the exactly same things as this guy in the Video!

This is the Text of the Error: Error 2834. The next pointers on the dialog SetupError do not from a single loop.

Then I can press "ok" and that's it. The installation interrups and says "try again".

Please help me! Maybe I'm just too stupid or something like that but still I could use a hand over here :D

Greetings and already loads of thanks

Momo

Smilley

Does this error come up when installing Daemon Tools, while loading the ISO or while installing the game itself?
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Momo

It does come up when i'm tryin to isntall the ISO. directly after the "administration question" u know this one: "allow? - yes/no"

sleumas2000

Simple: Sownload from the torrent.
This error almost always happens when you use the direct download from the site, I had the same issue.
After much frustration, I found the FAQ, and used the primary torrent download.
That installed first time.
What always seem to happen (at least in my experience) with the direct download, is that something gets broken, and so the G&PT finds that there is not a closed loop (because parts are missing/corrupted), before greatly and powerfully crashing.

I hope this helps
Top of the day to you!

Momo

I'll try. Thanks a lot  :)

Momo

It worked! Oh I'm so thankfull to you!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
PARTY HARD

Renard

Quote from: sleumas2000 on September 22, 2014, 07:21:20 PMbefore greatly and powerfully crashing.

Indeed.

But yeah, your download was corrupted for a reason of another. Glad your issue was solved!

sleumas2000

Glad to be of Assistance Momo.
@Renard: is it possible the file hosted on the webserver is corrupted - bcause I get the same.
You might want to test the checksum. (Certainly Vanilla, IDK about the ACs)
Top of the day to you!

yayponies-eu

I checked, the file on the server is fine.

sleumas2000

probably just the internet then.
Big downloads are always risky - especially when there are no checksums.
Might I recommend hoving the iso in a zip - a combination of checksums and DEFLATE might so a whole load of good for bandwidth, speed and error correction
Top of the day to you!

Smilley

That's why I like torrents. You can do a checksum at any time, and download from multiple sources at once.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

Quote from: sleumas2000 on September 24, 2014, 07:04:12 PMMight I recommend hoving the iso in a zip - a combination of checksums and DEFLATE might so a whole load of good for bandwidth, speed and error correction
Not really keen on this. The ISO is already basically a package (most OS / software handle it similarly to a ZIP file nowadays, if they don't automount it) so we'd have a package inside a package. It won't help bandwidth much, since all data is compressed already (optimized PNGs, MP3, MP4...) and compressing it further would just be a waste of time for a meager gain - it's a large file, it will take quite some time to decompress on each end-user's machines. Of course, the error correction would definitely be a nice thing, but at least we provide MD5 hashes on the download page.

Moonsparkle

Maybe we need our own download program which works with the ftp protocol?^^
Average score: 8820
3 highest song scores: I am Octavia (9860), BBBFF (9640), Great to be Different (9590)
3 most sung songs: The Moon Rises (11x), Don't Mine at Night (10x), Daring Do (8x)

sleumas2000

Download program might be hard to manage, plus there'd be a lot of unchecked material in there.
It's probably best as it is.

PLUS, we'd have to develop a download program
Top of the day to you!