Metajoker (and others) - The life I'm after

Started by MisterOlga, November 06, 2014, 01:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterOlga

Hello MLK Community! I am a fresh user here, coming from Germany. I've got a song stuck in my ear (in Germany, we call it "Ohrwurm", literally meaning "ear worm" in English  :D) and I would love to sing it! We've got a brony event in a few weeks, including Karaoke; the guy watching over the equipment told me I am welcome to share any songs I like with the rest, so it would be awesome if anybody of you folks could help me here... I am afraid I don't know anything about the matter of creating a new song for MLK; I will try it anyway though.
Soo long story short, here it is:

Lyrics copypasted from underneath the video:
What if I am a broken soul,
Trying to take back the life you stole?
Young of heart but I'm dying for some control

Endless days in the broken stone
You are here, but I'm all alone
You are family only in blood and bone

(Chorus)
Where's the sound of laughter?
Where's the life I'm after?
Endless hoping for a sign
Wondering if the fault was mine.

In the distance, my pining sight
Catches glimpse of a shining light
Bursting forth like a bird in an open flight

Now the hope I was praying on
Comes upon me, it's been too long
Singing out to the world in a joyful song

Raise up high your voices
I forgive your choices
Now the world is laughter
Hope that I was after

Where is the sadness in my heart?
Gone in a flash, my life can start

If anyone falls in love with this song like I did, please give it a try and, of course, let me know about it! :)

EDIT: Just so you know I am serious about it: I bought the album on bandcamp. Anyone interested in creating the karaoke version (just as I am trying to do atm), answer on this board and I will provide the FLAC file.

sleumas2000

are they using an Ultrastar Karaoke system (like MLK) or CD+G
I'd guess Ultrastar - and this will be a good song to add anyway - but if they're using CD+G we can't help you get the song to sing there (it will probably still be in AC3 though)
Top of the day to you!

MisterOlga

Hey, thanks for the reply. But I am afraid I don't really understand what you are talking about  ;D
Could you explain what you mean by CD+G/AC3 and in which way that might help me or not? I am completely new here so excuse my lack of knowledge :)

sleumas2000

sorry.
Ignore what I said about CD+G it's a different karaoke system. It's probably safe to presume that Ultrastar is being used.

AC3 is Additional Content disk 3 - which will be the next update to the game.
Obviously - we'd send you the song file before it's released with the rest - because AC3 will take a while to release - and we'd need more songs before we can warrant an udate.
Top of the day to you!

MisterOlga

Yes, I am using Ultrastar. By mentioning the AC3, does it mean that this song is already part of it but the update hasnt been released yet or do you just mean it would be a good thing to add it to AC3 in general? Because if somebody is already working on this song I would rather stop working on it because the whole editing thing is new to me and I need ages to progress.

Smilley

Quote from: MisterOlga on November 08, 2014, 01:01:55 PM
By mentioning the AC3, does it mean that this song is already part of it but the update hasnt been released yet or do you just mean it would be a good thing to add it to AC3 in general? Because if somebody is already working on this song I would rather stop working on it because the whole editing thing is new to me and I need ages to progress.
The latter. At least for now. You can upload your progress if you want, though. Maybe someone will take it from there.
Personally, I just finished another Metajoker song, and it was quite draining.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!