Too much music in your life... Is it possible?

Started by PsychicWalnut, July 30, 2015, 08:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicWalnut

Yeah... Lately I've been wondering if there is just a bit too much music in my life.
If it wasn't for the lack of new songs in the show, I think I might have lost it by now.  :o

You might think that such a thing is impossible, so let me explain.

First, I just LOVE the music from the show.  That's why I make the instrumental tracks of the show songs.  However, that is not enough pony music for me.  So I also sing along to pony songs whenever I'm in my car.

I am also a member of the 'SoCal Ponytones', a small singing group who works on singing several pony songs and performs at potlucks and other gatherings.  Eventually, we will be convention-worthy.  Here is a sample of one of our songs: (That's me on the lead vocals) 

As if that wasn't enough, I am a complete karaoke nut.  So much that I am competing in KaraokeFest again this year, and am already confirmed to be singing in the finals at the LA County Fair where I will be dressed as Mr. Oggie Boogie from 'A Nightmare Before Christmas'.

But things don't stop there.  Oh no.  I also managed to join the ranks of the 'Masters of Harmony'.  These guys are the best singers I have ever come across, and I'm amazed that I seem to meld in with them so well.  The only downside is that I now have to memorize a good twenty songs, and then perhaps a dozen more around October when we prepare for the Christmas shows.

So...  Do you think this is too much music?
I know... I could probably stop singing to pony music in the car... but it's just so relaxing.  ;D

RD1042

I don't think there is such a thing as too much of an activity you really love to do, as long as it makes you happy.

So in your case, no, I don't think this is too much.

Your SoCal Ponytones group sounds like an awesome thing to participate in. And the provided performance sounds pretty good to me. We're trying to get something similar up in Germany but to no avail yet.

Same goes for the Masters of Harmony. I myself have joined a choir this year and absolutely love the experience.

Being in the MLK team, I might even relate to your enthusiasm about karaoke ;).
Quote from: QT Luna on May 17, 2015, 10:05:06 PM
I've seen RD1042 perform songs with 8500-9500 points on medium with eyes closed, slightly drunk and half-sleeping.

Smilley

I agree. As long as you love it and it doesn't go to the detriment to other important things in your life, I say there is no "too much of a good thing".
Other than MLK, I don't have much in terms of actual music going on in my life, though there was that one Welcome song for Andrea Libman at GalaCon. That was one of the most awesome days in my life.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!