Error 2834

Started by madjack2001, October 14, 2015, 02:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madjack2001

I have been using MLK for about half a year (worked perfectly, never ran into an error), however when I lost the files to MLK and I tried to re-instal MLK_SIM2.ISO using PowerISO ... well I get this error as soon as the installer loads*see screenshot, and I'd just like to say that I...

• Use windows XP
    • Made sure I'm using the correct copy(Confirmed via WinMD5)
    • Tried to Clean my registry and reinstalled in from all the dowload links multiple times
    • Oh, and yeah, I have Ultrastar on my PC already working perfectly
    And after my search I seem to have found nothing of help, so I would be highly grateful (and give 1000 hugs!) to anyone who could help me with this error
    *(couldn't get image)
http://postimg.org/image/6z94jhvbt/[/list]

Smilley

It's interesting. Normally, this error only appears when you have an incorrect download. You should try it one last time, using torrents. Unfortunately, direct downloads have the tendency to drop bits here and there on very large files.
If all else fails, copy the Songs folder on the ISOs to your Ultrastar song folder. Just make sure you do it in succession (SIM2, AC 1-3) and remove the Read Only tag everytime (rightclick on the folder->Properties->General). It's not a 100% fix, since our updates depend on registry entries during installation.
Also, you'll need Ultrastar World Party if you want to play duet songs or want access to the leaderboards. After that, you can get our beta songs here. Since the auto-install feature depends on the installations, you need to unpack the files using something like 7-Zip or WinAce.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

madjack2001

Okay, I'll try that (thanks ^^)

madjack2001

Quote from: Smilley on October 14, 2015, 07:26:50 AM
Also, you'll need Ultrastar World Party if you want to play duet songs or want access to the leaderboards. After that, you can get our beta songs here. Since the auto-install feature depends on the installations, you need to unpack the files using something like 7-Zip or WinAce.
So... how exactly do I use the .mlk files with just world party? or do I need to install other files from the beta?

Smilley

They are just renamed .tar files. You can unpack them with WinAce or 7-Zip. Unfortunately, the Beta Channel needs a prior MLK installation to function properly.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

yayponies-eu

Quote from: madjack2001 on October 14, 2015, 02:04:42 AM
    And after my search I seem to have found nothing of help, so I would be highly grateful (and give 1000 hugs!) to anyone who could help me with this error
    *(couldn't get image) http://postimg.org/image/6z94jhvbt/[/list]

Really? because right here it's said to never use PowerISO: https://www.mylittlekaraoke.com/forum/index.php?topic=141.0 .

Smilley : Stop recommanding manual installation as the first problem happen, more and more feature is depending of a full installation, and I'm not even sure he can easily update from MLK to MLK beta with World Party with a manual installation.