MLK / Ultrastar won't work at Linux 14.04

Started by Foxx, January 16, 2015, 11:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxx

Hello there,

i had a little problem... (like that in the title).

My Pc (an TP with Kubuntu 14.04 LTS) won't work with Ultrastar or the MLK installation.

The Problem is, that MLK won't install (because the Error says, that on the Official lines a newer version are who i should install) and Ultrastar Deluxe Installs (i had reconfigurated the PPA to had Ultrastar on my Package - system) but didn't Start after copying the "Theme", "songs" and "Extra" Folders from the Ground game. In first (before i copyied the folders) the Program works; but already i dosn't. Reinstall wouldn't fix the Problem - Ultrastar didn't to something.

Performous didn't work - it's the same like Ultrastar. It look that it will start - and then the Process go off. No errors or something by both Programs.

What to do...? I dosn't have installed MLK on this Pc before...

sleumas2000

Try re-installing Ultrastar from the official repos, and only copying the contents of the song directory in to the game.
If it still works, THEN copy the theme. If that still works, don't bother copying Extra.

Tell me what happens
Top of the day to you!

Renard

Can you launch the game from a terminal in order to have a bit more information on why it fails to load?

Foxx

Sorry if it takes a bit Longer, but Real Life has want me...

Re-install don't wont help - it's the same "play" like before.

Here the "fails" it showed me by the Terminal:

crash@crash-ThinkPad-T60:~$ ultrastardx
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1022:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt (111)
Cannot connect to server socket err = Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
Expression 'stream->playback.pcm' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 4611
Expression 'stream->playback.pcm' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 4611
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
  Serial number of failed request:  13
  Current serial number in output stream:  13
crash@crash-ThinkPad-T60:~$

On the other Way (with the Way to the Program):

crash@crash-ThinkPad-T60:~$ /usr/games/ultrastardx
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
Cannot connect to server socket err = Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)                                                             
  Serial number of failed request:  13
  Current serial number in output stream:  13

In both ways i have an Internet-Connection (before somebody asks).

I don't know what went Wrong...

Renard

Audio errors are normal here - USDX is trying different options to see what works on your system. The reason it crashes here is:X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)which has something to do with your graphics stack.

A quick search shows that this often occurred with the proprietary AMD drivers, and happens when they're not properly installed. According to your log, you're using a Lenovo T60, and these laptops come with either Intel or AMD graphics; I'm guessing you do have a AMD card here. You might want to check if your drivers are properly installed (for instance, running "fglrxinfo" in a terminal shouldn't return any errors).

Don't forget to usesudo amdconfig --initialif you installed the driver manually ;)

Foxx

Yes, it's a T60 with x1400 Graphics. but - i have the "Proprietary Ubuntu"drivers Installed (ok, that was in the Kernel 13.10  - i already have 14.04 LTS... it can be that something is go wrong).

A little try:

crash@crash-ThinkPad-T60:~$ fglrxinfo
  Serial number of failed request:  12
  Current serial number in output stream:  12
crash@crash-ThinkPad-T60:~$ sudo amdconfig --initial
[sudo] password for crash:
amdconfig: No supported adapters detected

Ok, i look for an better install from the Graphics drivers... and hope that will work. I'll respond if something works or not.

[Edith]

Something have i - installed (the Paketmanager says so) is the "fglrx-amdcccle". I'll try the "fglrx-amdcccle-update", witch removes the "non-update" version. then i'll search for the "Proprietary Ubuntu Drivers"...

Renard

Useful guide: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/AMD

Usually you just have to install the drivers from the Ubuntu utility and all should work fine after a session restart. You should give "amdconfig --initial" just in case.

Foxx

So - i have BAD News. The Problem is solved, but not in a positive Way:

The graphic Card of both T60 (an T60 with X1400 Graphics and an T60P with FireGL 5200 graphics) won't supported by the actual Versions of Ubuntu / Kubuntu / Lubuntu / Xubuntu.

That Means, that fglrx won't find a supported Graphics adapter - and so Ultrastar / MLK won't work with.
Ultrastar can work with the intel chipset, but i don't know - i already have ATI.

Windows (XP/Vista/7) will be supported (Drivers on the Official site); Linux not.

Thanks for all Help - I hope, others can helped this Thread.