French canadian ready for action!

Started by BloodStar, June 22, 2012, 06:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BloodStar

Hello i present myself, I am BloodStar! i am a french canadian living in montreal and this project got me interested. Hope to work well with y'all~ Also i may need help starting up :3

Renard

Hi there! I'm pleased to see you join the project. ;)

In order to start up, I'd advise you to set up a few things:
- Install UltraStar DX and/or Performous (both are great - Performous has a nice "training" mode that can help build a song, too)
- Install at least one default song to test it out! See the UltraStarDX main page (right column) for a few samples knows to be well-made for instance.
- Install Composer
- You may want to install DropBox too, see this topic for more info and request access. Once you have access to the shared folder,, you'll also be able to try out the songs other people worked on.

The basic workflow then is to:
- pick a (Season 1) song that has yet to be done: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoG1Y_EMdd9odEZua1E0WXZoeFNwZVl3Mk1seEZORkE#gid=0
- create a thread in this subforum so we know what you picked
- get its lyrics and its MP3 from this thread, or from the Dropbox
- use Composer to sync and tune the lyrics. Here's a piece of advice from LardonCru too.
- Test it over and over again by exporting it to the USDX file format and actually singing it ;)
- Once satisfied, share it in your thread (or store it in the dropbox)

There's no need to add a background or any other artwork yet, only to sync the song. You may suggest some stuff if you have something in mind thought!

Depending on who's online, some kind of Live Help can be available on IRC (see here). Don't hesitate to ask either there or on this very forum.

Thanks again and godspeed!

BloodStar

I'll start off with Pony pokey :3 Oh and the dropbox thingy PM me.