Songs sing themselves

Started by Slaaneshi, May 31, 2014, 02:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaaneshi

So, when I play any song and stay silent, the song sings itself (bars fill, points go up and so on). I thought it was an issue due to close proximity of mic to the speakers. Today I've tried to sing using headphones instead of speakers. Guess what, it didn't work. The songs still sing themselves. Any idea how to fix that?

Smilley

You are probably using the wrong input device. Check here to see how to properly set up your mic.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Slaaneshi

Quote from: Smilley on May 31, 2014, 02:31:57 PM
wrong input device.
My mic is integrated into my webcam. Can it be the issue?

Slaaneshi

Alright, I tried some tinkering. In the end it either works and sings for me or doesn't work at all.
Here are my mic configurations for now.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/37v1fthnmquaosj/screenshot0001.png

Renard

If on Windows, you might want to disable the Mic Boost feature, and adjust the volume levels appropriately.

Also, do check the "Sound settings" option in USDX and particularly "Mic Boost" and "Threshold". The higher the threshold value, the less sensitive your microphone will be.

Slaaneshi

Funny, tried tinkering with the game on my other computer. Works fine with +6dB boost and 10% threshold. Comp with issue: mic volume +30dB and no boost Windows-wise and off game-wise, 20% threshold..and the issue is still there and the mic doesn't hear my voice now

Screenshots:

sleumas2000

Have you checked the 'record' settings in MLK are using your mic, and not using 'Stereo Mix' or 'loopback' or some other device similarly named?
Top of the day to you!