Problems with Highscores in the Webinstaller version

Started by QT Luna, March 28, 2016, 10:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QT Luna

Hey,
I can't sync the scores to the online leaderboard and every song has a highscore of 27 million displayed.

http://imgur.com/a/vuEka

/webs/mlkhs.dll is in it's normal spot, so I'm not sure which plugin I'm missing.

System: Win 10 64-bit
Game Version: 6.0 Final

P.s: I let the installer run while I was sleeping, so I don't know if there were any error messages. But according to the updater I'm OK to go.
P.p.s: On a side note, I dislike that the updater forced over 10gb on my C: drive (which is a 60gb SSD with about 20gb of free space), would be a nice feature, if you could choose a different download folder.

Edit: I have some flickering thingies. But this might be due to some faulty installation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xFmSUNxHMg

yayponies-eu

I don't know about the score, somepony else might be able to awnser

About the downloads directory, it will come, but that ain't how you're supposed to use a SSD in windows, you should deport your download folder onto the HDD.

Flickering: I've seen it happen randomly, it should cause no other issue, dev might have a better idea why it happen, as long as you have around 733 songs, it is OK!

QT Luna

I know that's not how one's supposed to use a SSD. I just never use the default Downloads folder, except in this occation, so I hadn't changed the path yet. In addition, not everyone knows, that you can change the location, so it's just more wear on the SSDs of casual PC users (or in short, not user-friendly).

So that's the reason why I dislike installers without the option to choose the download location (especially when you already define the install directory).

But thanks for your response.

rainbowderpy

regarding the highscore, that sometimes happens after the game crashed. in that case, simply just close the game, delete the ultrastar.db and next time when you start the game again, it should be fixed.

I have no idea what kind of flickering you see. Never saw any flickering issue in the wild yet.
Oh that flickering... should have been fixed by my last changes one day before release....
Usually that only happened when playing/selecting duett songs while having only one-player-mode enabled.

QT Luna

Thanks for the answer, and yes, it was just one player selected. Will try the fix now.

Edit: Works. Thanks ^_^