Brony Music Billboard - Seeking votes!

Started by RIME, March 19, 2014, 11:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIME

I must admit I'm not entirely sure which board to put this in, but here goes. Though I am on the TrotMania team, another hobby has started to enter my life: music chart tracking. For the past month or so, I've been keeping data on Billboard's Hot 100 for records and to track trends. However, it occurred to me a few days ago that there isn't a proper equivalent for brony music. Sure, there's monthly votes like toptenpony's, but nothing that can keep track of a song's popularity over time. Thus, I finally decided to remedy this with the Brony Music Billboard! The way this works is that there are 2 categories:

-Votes: Base votes from the toptenpony polls are kept for 5 months, and weekly votes on the designated post supplement it. Currently has 40% weight  due to no votes for the first week, though it will be slightly adjusted to 41% next week.

-Views: Keeps tally of the daily view average of the week. Currently has 60% weight, to be adjusted to 59%.

Songs are eligible if they were released within 6 months of the current month (note that this means songs released on September 1st, 2013 are still eligible late in March 2014), songs voted into toptenpony are automatically added, and other songs will be tracked once voted in.

So, what's needed now are votes, so that there's a more accurate representation of what's being favored at the moment. All you have to do is leave a comment listing 3 songs eligible on the post for 3/23/14! Hopefully, we can get this to spread!

By the way, first week's vote winner was naturally "Moonlight", while the "Stop the Bats" remix by The Living Tombstone dominated the views category and ultimately won the Hot 50. However, with the release of the "Chant of Immortality" PMV, there is a very good chance it shall become the new #1.

RIME

Just wanted to post that the year-end is out!

http://bronymusicbillboard.blogspot.com/p/top-100-songs-of-2014.html

What do you guys think?

(Also a couple of notes: votes never factored in significantly, and this chart is being replaced in 2015 by the Trot 100; I think you can guess the big advantage it has over the Hot 50  ;D )

sleumas2000

This  chart made me realise, we don't have House of Glass, do we?
Top of the day to you!