I'm having an issue with the game.

Started by Mitchlarson, March 07, 2017, 06:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitchlarson

Okay,

So let me start at the beginning.  I "had" the previous build of MLK on my laptop, worked just fine, was able to detect my Logitech USB headset with mic no problem. 

So I installed the newer version, (firstly I tried this on mac since I have 2 of the same USB headset) it. would not recognize in the game menu once the game starts, that my mic was already in place and good to go.  So i went to the settings and checked (from both the game and the mac) The game has some minor issues where only half the songs would work on the mac mini before they would no longer play. 

I looked around the troubleshooting manual and double checked my settings.  I noticed there was an awful loud static in the headset from feedback being caused by the game's record features.  Despite various attempts to fix this, I could not.  So I uninstalled it from my mac mini.

Now I've (as of this evening) Installed the newer version into my laptop (which is windows 8.1)  Same problem.  It's not recognizing in the game's actual songs, that my USB logitech headset is properly plugged in.  I even double checked in the record settings and could clearly see the volume bars moving when I did a simple "Test, test, testing one two three."

And i've already checked with the ultrastar page.   So my question is this.  Why is it that my 2 Logitech usb headsets, are not properly functioning with this karaoke game?  If it was just one machine, okay I might figure, maybe it's just the machine. But the laptop is a pretty decent machine with icore7 and nvidia and such.  So I don't see it being a problem with my computer.     So what is going on and how, do i fix this little problem?

rainbowderpy

Hello Mitchlarson,
I am sorry for these issues. Let's try to figure out what is causing this and fix it  :)
First, we need you to provide some more information.
What are the exact product names of these logitech microphones?
What version of USDX was working for you? (I guess v1.1)
At least on Windows, any microphone which is detected by Windows should also work in the karaoke game as long as there is no other blocking microphone recording running at the same time.
Could you please add screenshots of the audio recording screen and also of the Windows audio recording settings?

Mitchlarson

Their both clear chat logitech headphones. and yes it was v1.1.  I'll get the screenshots posted up in a couple hours from now.

Mitchlarson

I kind of feel really dumb about now.  So I went back (since i've had a semester of IT) and I sat looking at the laptop and I double checked the master volume on my computer, and I was like "okay so the mic volume is way too low." so i adjusted that.  Than I went back into the MLK program and again it brings me to the record section, so I'm sitting here gazing at the screen, thinking "So why isn't this working?" so i start poking at it with a couple of mouse clicks and a couple of taps from the laptop keyboard showed that it was registering sound out of both volume recording boxes and I'm thinking to myself "Well that's kind of strange, I'm doing a one person show here, not two." So wouldn't you know (at least on the laptop) all i have to do is switch box 2 to off, and select box one and it's as simple as making the thing turn to the channel of 1 and all of a sudden it works.

Now, that "might" be what i need to do with the one for the mac mini.  So I'll try that out again, and if I still have the static-buzzing feedback noise problem, I'll add it to this post.

Here's a tip for all those of you out there who've had mic problems. Check the master volume first, and check that you selected a single channel only and that it highlights a one, otherwise you might end up with something like this.

Mitchlarson

okay, so it looks like I have it fixed on the mac too. Awesome. I "may" have to adjust the decibel input for volume on the mac version though, but that's kinda easy to work on.

Yay :D your a miracle worker Rainbow. Thanks :)