[S4E14] Find the Music in You

Started by PsychicWalnut, February 18, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicWalnut

Ok, this one is gonna be complicated guys...

I am seeing THREE versions of the song: Big Mac, Flutterguy, and Fluttershy

Here is some audio to get you guys started... (Regular, Instrumental, and Pitch References)

Big Mac

Fluttershy

(I'm still working on the Flutterguy version)

InklingBear

Ok, so do i just make 3 different cd covers for this one? Since there's a Big Mac, Fluttershy/guy versions?

Smilley

I dunno. The Big Mac and Fluttershy versions are both very short, so I'd rather have all 3 in one song, though I don't know how well the transitions would work.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

InklingBear

I can try cutting them all together and see if it'll work...

Renard

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: Renard on February 20, 2014, 09:09:08 PM
Psychic's on it (I think) :p

Yeah... sorta... kinda.

I'm getting things set for this weekend.  I've got two brony meetups over the weekend.  Need to bake some cakes, get my chair and canopy ready, make spare copies of MLK and additional content discs, prep my cutouts of the CMC's and Rainbow Dash.  Heck, I even made some magnets of my vector work on DA.

so...  Monday?

Renard

PsychicWalnut

OK...

In meshing the Flutterguy scenes together, I realized that the cute-ceañera scene is just an exact musical duplicate of the last portion of the scene before it.

So, I gotta ask... Do we want all the scenes in the Flutterguy version?

InklingBear

Do whatever seems to work out. I'd try the parts where Flutterguy sings for Big Mac though.

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: Dreamland200 on February 25, 2014, 03:52:05 AM
Do whatever seems to work out. I'd try the parts where Flutterguy sings for Big Mac though.

Yeah, those are the parts I'm working with...

Smilley

I think we don't have to be too redundant. Can we get all relevant parts if we leave out the scenes where Flutterguy talks to Rarity? Though I'd love to have the scene in the school - that's where she starts freestyle-jamming. And Big Mac's face while he takes in the view of Fluttershy's plot is just hilarious.

PsychicWalnut

I finished the Flutterguy files.

Hopefully I didn't mess anything up.  I did manage to take out the 'talking' parts and keep the music.
The only scene I cut was the cute-ceañera since it was just a musical duplicate of the previous scene.

We still got over 2 minutes though.

Flutterguy Version

InklingBear

I'll get a Background and cdcover for this

Smilley

And I'm on pitching duty. Psychic, could you add just a slight delay after the first "Got the Music / Got the music in you"? Just a few beats for the players to have a breather.
Fun to note: during the chorus, both Rarity and Flutterguy go off on different tangents and the harmonics become the leading voice. Also props to the animation crew for (correctly) syncing Fluttershy to the bass voice during the cute-ceanera scene.
Right now, I'm planning on doing a Flutterguy and a Rarity version. Should I also make one where you always sing the leading voice?

Renard

Nice! I'm wondering, too, if it wouldn't be more practical to merge the "Big Mac" and "Fluttershy" files.
Also, the "Flutterguy" file seems to have a significantly lower volume than the others.

I sent all MP3s to OwnCloud. :)

Smilley

As much as I love Peter New, from a musical standpoint his performance is pretty redundant. I also realized the Fluttershy part has a different structure from the rest - Lead + backing vs. the barbershop-style. I think it would work as its own song.

PsychicWalnut

Oops... I forgot to adjust the audio levels on the Flutterguy version

Here are the new files

And Yeah, I could see us having just the the guy/shy versions for this.

Renard

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: Smilley on February 28, 2014, 11:39:23 AM
And I'm on pitching duty. Psychic, could you add just a slight delay after the first "Got the Music / Got the music in you"? Just a few beats for the players to have a breather.

I'm think I can, but I'm not sure of the location you are talking about.  Can you tell me about how far in the file this spot is?

Smilley

It's the first breaking point, at 1:11.

EDIT: And could you do a version with really only Flutterguy's audio track? The pitch reference file is good, but the part when he sings the harmonics during the soprano verse ("If you listen carefully...") is extremely difficult. At least for the Rarity version I can use the instrumental file.