[MLP The Movie] Time to be awesome

Started by Smilley, October 12, 2017, 03:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

SoaringJe

Are you going to make a duet version? .-.

Smilley

The first draft will be single-player, but I'll see how many lines each singer gets. Also, there's the question of what to do with the crew's lines.

Smilley

First draft done. I've found a Youtube vid that I ripped. It matches up well enough, it's just the last second or so that's a still image.
@SoaringJe: No duet as of yet, but I think I'll go with Ponies VS. Pirates. It'll just take some major editing as...
1) Rainbow and the captain's verses overlap,
2) there's the background chant during the second verse - that'll be a pain to filter out as we don't have master tracks, and
3) I'll have to fine-comb the video for which chant parts are sung by everyone or just by either group.

Renard

Don't bother too much about the videos for now (use them as placeholders if you will, but we'll have to re-do them anyway) :)

SoaringJe

My friend and I sang the song to someone who couldn't make the premier day, and we did it such that she basically took Rainbow Dash and Lix Spittle, while I took Captain Caelano, Mullet, and Boyle.

In depth:
While she sang the last "awesome" of the first verse, I entered with the "Ah, ah, ah~" and she joined back in for the "awesome" and continued through before I picked up Caelano's verse where we just dropped singing the backing because it was too hard, with the exception of the "It's time to be awesome" before/during "And now it's time" where she joined back in on "to break the shackles free" with her holding the "bold" out while I dropped out to pick up the "It's time to be awesome" with her joining back in on the "awesome."

We only practiced in-depth up to there because we kept messing up, but that's how we kept the gist of the song with only two people singing.
When we did our initial run-throughs of the whole song, she took the high pirate part (Lix Spittle) while I took the lows.

Just some comments; feel free to disregard.

Thanks for your time and work :)