[EN] It's a Pony kind of Christmas

Started by rainbowderpy, November 13, 2015, 09:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbowderpy

[EN] It's a Pony kind of Christmas
mp3, cover, a nice background and song.txt (with lyrics and timing) are already on the owncloud. Would be great if someone could set the correct notes

Smilley

Done. Am I the only one who doesn't particularly like this song? It's just so all over the place - the lyrics, the rhythm, the pitch progression.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

rainbowderpy

I like this song as a classical Christmas song. Which of the others songs from the album do you prefer?

Smilley

I haven't delved much into it, to be honest. I liked Jingle Bells by Rainbow Dash, who took the "dashing" part quite literally.
Fluttershy was the obvious choice for Silent Night, and the hybernating animal theme is very cute.
12 Day Of Christmas is as much a tedium as the original, and I personally like the fanmade Fluttershy version better, especially with the Crusaders stopping her repeatedly.
Last Year I Got Coal For Christmas weirdly reminded me of Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, for some reason.
The extended version of The Heart Carol is good, though I think it hasn't gained quite as much from the extention as, say, Find A Way or Let The Rainbow Remind You; if that makes sense.
I don't think I've listened to the other ones. Not being from an English-speaking country, I never had a connection to those songs.

Smilley

There's an "official music video" - more like slightly edited clipshow - out now.
I got a chuckle out of Rarity's christmas tree Giant Hat - FiW eat your heart out.