error message when opening the game

Started by AmyTheOne, June 30, 2017, 10:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmyTheOne

so, after i played the song hoofdachest, i tried to send in my score and it gave me an error. i tried to resend it multiple times, but it didnt work, so i hit enter to continue, and then an error popped up and the game crashed. A few weeks ago, none of this happened and the game was working perfectly. It also wont let me redownload the game, and when i check for updates, it says there is one and then when i go to update it says there is none. When i tried opening the game after the first error, it said "Error exectuing SQL. error 1: SQL error or missing database. 'select [sql] from squlite_master where [type] = 'table' and lower(name) = 'us_statistics_info' ": unsupported file format [TDataBaseSystem.lnit]"
the first error was "Sorry, an error occured! please report this error to the game-developers. Also check the Error.log file in the game folder. Stacktrace: exception class: EAccessViolation
$00403AC0
$004E57DA TSCREENTOP5__ONSHOW, line 200 of screens/UScreenTop5.pas
$00434268 TDISPLAY__DRAW,  line 364 of menu/UDisplay.pas
$00446F71 MAINLOOP, line 323 of base/UMain.pas
$00446DBD MAIN, line 263 of base/UMAIN.pas
$00402AC6 main, line 391 of ultrastardx.dpr"
i have no idea what this means, as im a mere teen trying to play a game where you sing about ponies and get rated on your performance. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

AmyTheOne

um, i forgot to add but im on a windows pc, just wanted to say

Rainboom Dash

Quote from: AmyTheOne on June 30, 2017, 10:55:25 PM
so, after i played the song hoofdachest, i tried to send in my score and it gave me an error. i tried to resend it multiple times, but it didnt work, so i hit enter to continue, and then an error popped up and the game crashed. A few weeks ago, none of this happened and the game was working perfectly. It also wont let me redownload the game, and when i check for updates, it says there is one and then when i go to update it says there is none. When i tried opening the game after the first error, it said "Error exectuing SQL. error 1: SQL error or missing database. 'select [sql] from squlite_master where [type] = 'table' and lower(name) = 'us_statistics_info' ": unsupported file format [TDataBaseSystem.lnit]"
the first error was "Sorry, an error occured! please report this error to the game-developers. Also check the Error.log file in the game folder. Stacktrace: exception class: EAccessViolation
$00403AC0
$004E57DA TSCREENTOP5__ONSHOW, line 200 of screens/UScreenTop5.pas
$00434268 TDISPLAY__DRAW,  line 364 of menu/UDisplay.pas
$00446F71 MAINLOOP, line 323 of base/UMain.pas
$00446DBD MAIN, line 263 of base/UMAIN.pas
$00402AC6 main, line 391 of ultrastardx.dpr"
i have no idea what this means, as im a mere teen trying to play a game where you sing about ponies and get rated on your performance. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

This doesn't sound unusual

Same thing happens to me, says there is an update but it won't let me download

Crashes and errors are pretty common... happens to me quite often, actually

I got the error executing SQL glitch a few days ago... but then I retried and it worked fine

Also the submitting to the highscores can be glitchy

Does the game work fine now?

I got this after exiting the high scores to go back to the song selection screen:

And then this after trying to run the game again:

But then it worked fine when I tried again

rainbowderpy

@AmyTheOne, thanks for reporting that issue! We already found this issue and it will be handled better after the next version release. Anyways, to resolve that issue for you now, please close the game, then open the MyLittleKaraoke installation folder and delete the Ultrastar.db in that folder. This deletes the corrupt file and you will be able to submit scores and save scores correctly after that.

@Rainboom Dash, please don't post duplicate information.

Rainboom Dash

@Rainboom Dash, please don't post duplicate information.
[/quote]

Wow... I was just trying to help and verifying that those were the error messages

AmyTheOne

so, ive deleted the file you told me to, but i still receive a scoring error. I have it set to send the score when its above a certain number, of course, and it still says scoring error when i try to send it in manually...

Edit: i just realized that every time i re-open the game, the file returns, how do i fix that???

Rainboom Dash

It recreating the file I think would be normal... since it's the database file

You're basically deleting and recreating it to fix anything that got corrupted

Eh... scores don't even work for me locally.. they reset every time I reopen the application, but that's because I put something into the MLK folder to fix the double typing when searching for a song and it makes the highscores not work... although, not sure if scores should reset locally...