Error: Failed Loading Open GL1.2 [UGraphic.Initialize3D]

Started by PonyCordero, July 21, 2013, 09:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyCordero

Hello MLK developers,

Thanks for making this great looking game.

I'm having trouble getting it to run, here is how I went about downloading it:

1) Downloaded the torrent using this link:
http://www.mylittlekaraoke.com/

2) Waited for the torrent to finish

3) Opened and extracted the downloaded files using power iso

4) Placed extracted files into a new folder labeled (MLP Karaoke)

5) Opened the autorun icon and let Trixie do her job (agreed to the hilarious licensing agreement)

6) Went to run the game and got the error in this thread title:
Error: Failed Loading Open GL1.2 [UGraphic.Initialize3D]

I'm using Windows 7 32 bit

Halp?  :'(

yayponies-eu

For information : even if hilarious, you should comply to them, they are legal  :D

For your problem, please download and install the driver of your graphics card/chipset, Windows built-in driver do not support OpenGL, here the drivers download page of the 3 big manufacturer of Graphics cards/Chipset :

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

PonyCordero

I downloaded the drivers and it got the game to work, thx.

There seems to be only one song. Is there a way I'm supposed to set it up so that it recognizes all of those songs in the song folder?

Smilley

Did you close the DOSBox window that popped up during installation? You shouldn't (have). Alas, maybe extracting the ISO to another folder (instead of mounting it) causes some erratic behaviour in the installer.
Anyway, open the folder where you installed Ultrastar and copy the "songs" and "themes" folders from your extracted ISO there, overwriting anything.
If the one song you got wasn't pony-related, you can delete the songs folder beforehand.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

PonyCordero

I moved the themes and songs folder into where Ultrastar was and it totally worked!

Thanks for the help and for putting up with my semi computer illiteracy.

I'm totally promoting your game on my Youtube channel and every panel I host at brony conventions. Keep up the good work guys.

8)

/)

Smilley

*(\
Thanks! Be sure to drop the Youtube links in the "You gotta share" subboard.

Shadow Masquerade

So I'm having the same problem PonyCordero was experiencing. I have an Intel® Core™ Processor with Intel® HD Graphics (Core i5). I have tried updating it, downloading and installing it, but I still get the same error. It reads "CRITICAL: Failed loading OpenGL 1.2 [UGraphic.Initialize3D]" on the ERROR.txt. Maybe this product is unfotunately not compatible with my laptop?

Smilley

Did you get your driver here?
Also, you might need to uninstall your previous driver before installing the new one, else there may be errors with conflicting versions.

Renard

Confirming integrated Core iX (and Celeron Gxxxx) graphics works fine with the game on my end. Didn't test a lot on Windows with this hardware, but no issues at all on Linux - this is the hardware we used for conventions.

IIRC, Windows - since Vista - ships with outdated/broken OpenGL drivers by default, which are just a layer translating OpenGL calls to the DirectX API. And it doesn't work great, nope, not at all, as it does not run natively. On Windows, it is nearly-compulsory NOT to use WinUpdate, and to refer to your video card maker for "real" drivers, which will improve performance both with OpenGL and DirectX.

Shadow Masquerade

Thank you both. I will have to get the "real" drivers from Toshiba, as the ones available by Intel are "generic" drivers that might give me problems later on. However, I will keep on enjoying the great music and videos in the game. Thank you again.