SlyphStorm - Octavia's Overture

Started by Diponi, January 17, 2014, 04:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diponi

I've long wanted to try my hand at karaokefying a song. So I found a fabulous song, and I did a karaokey thing. I'm not that great at judging the quality here, so criticism is appreciated.
Download here.

Art credit: Cover by WhiteDiamonds. Background by Killryde/AB-Anarchy/DasinBoot.
(By the way, is there some convention about asking artists' permissions, or can I just do what I want 'cause a pirate is free?)

//One-year-later edit: Fixed video link (seems some forum software update broke it). I hope editing doesn't bump the thread

Renard

Thanks! And sorry for the late answer. Haven't tried the song yet, so I can't give much feedback right now. :p

As for permissions, we're trying our best to contact each artist and ask for permission, but it is definitely a hard and time-consuming task, and sometimes there's just no response at all. When it comes to assets on DeviantArt, I try to collect/feature artworks in the My Little Karaoke group. In any case, I'm keeping track of (mostly) everything used for the project and try to give credit where due.

Finally tried it! Hard to sing. You made some awesome work with that song. :D