Computer Build

Started by robumf, January 19, 2020, 10:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robumf

I'm really thinking about a custom build specifically for MLK, (UltraStar Deluxe) of course I want to keep the cost low but not priority.
Two big concerns for up to three monitors (1920x1080) suggestive video cards to get the job done (60 frame rate) and how many sound card needed for 4 people

recording the performance net required but would be nice.
Preferable using parts about two years old... more bang for the buck.

Has any pony did this?

suggestive 50 dollorish  Microphones
suggest paraphernalia.

Practice the "Elements of Friendship" in your daily life to create magic around you.

Renard

No real issues here running the game on a used [urm=https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?id=898]i7-3770T[/url], using just the iGPU. Although not benchmarked, this is the "low-power" setup I use at conventions, usually on two dedicated 1080p screens (using "screens=2" + "split=on" in the config.ini file, and keeping OS background services in check to avoid usual annoyances). Requirements aren't that high, but may change slightly once Ultrastar Play comes around (we're still looking for coders, btw). Non-x86 systems such as ARM boards might likely be decent candidates by then too!

Also, keep in mind that the game only spans on two monitors at most (3 players per monitor, 6 players max).

You want to aim for a system capable of decoding 1080p h264 video streams smoothly, and with decent single-threaded performance. At this point in time, that leaves you with a lot of cheap options! So you do have a bit of room when it comes to picking components, and could relatively easily aim for a very small form factor build easy to carry around.

When it comes to microphones, you'll need one audio input per player. The Singstar USB microphones and the Rock Band / Guitar Hero ones work well for the task, since they bring their own built-in USB sound cards, negating the need to add more internal expansions to your build.

robumf

Thanks for the response 
This will be easier then I thought.
Near me there is a place called Free Geek.
freegeektwincities.org
They have volunteers that take computers and other electronic apart.
Tested, Clean and Rebuild computers, or recycled. 
I often can get four year old computer and parts at 20c on the dollar.
Probable the hard part will be the comparability and drivers of parts.

Practice the "Elements of Friendship" in your daily life to create magic around you.