[S1E14] Art of the Dress Hungarian

Started by Smilley, December 20, 2012, 01:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

Couldn't find a combined audio source, so I went with seperate entries for the cheery and stressed-out (eg. reprise) passages.

Thoughts on this song: One of my favourites from Season 1 in the original, the cheery part is consistently good, with both sound and text. It's the reprise where it goes downhill. The singing quality is less consistent, and the less we talk about the speaking voice actors, the better. It's especially jarring when Rarity's speaking VA takes over for the "Fluttershy, you're putting me in a bind" part. Also, the translation becomes unfaithful to the source in a way that's unholy. During the before mentioned part she's outright rude, telling Fluttershy to shut up (that bears repeating: telling FLUTTERSHY to shut up) and Dashie that she's an airhead.
But the worst part is the ending, starting in the original with "All we ever want...". The whole passive-aggressive angle is downplayed to the point where "make sure that it stays within our budget" becomes "nevermind, we can always pay you more" and Rarity's steady descent into a nervous breakdown is totally removed.

Sorry for my rambling, I just had to get this off my chest. Now off to do At the Gala.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

Hey Smilley! Could you re-upload these two files? Thanks :)

disregard that, got'em